Windows 10: Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

Discus and support Screen is blank. Nothing but black. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bazzaboy09, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer.

well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and nothing. Put in my windows 7 disc and tried to sort it that way. Nothing.

Any ideas guys.

:)

Bazzaboy09, Oct 26, 2016

2. Kernel Security Check Failure - Won't Restart

Nothing appears on the black screen - no letters, no cursor - so I don't know how to get to safe mode from a blank black screen. No response from keyboard either.

Sam_Foster, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Noheem1 Win User
    Nokia XL black screen

Last week I tried to turn on my phone and a blank, black screen without the Nokia logo appeared. The phone is on but the screen remains blank. The touch sensors are active. Sometimes it turns on normally, sometimes when it turns on the colour is inverse
    and once there black and white horizontal lines across the screen. Most of the time the screen is black. I have try soft reset and hard reset but nothing changed. I have plugged it into my pc but nothing changed. Anyone have any ideas to solve this problem.

Noheem1, Oct 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

Hi,
    1. Download and create Kyhi's bootable DVD (or flash drive) - at the top of the Software and Apps section here.
    Open a command prompt, find your Windows disk or partition (may well not be C: as viewed from here) and run chkdsk on your HDD (I will assume it's a HDD as you've not completed your specs).

2. If chkdsk shows clear or fixed, get a bootable Win 10 medium (freely downloadable) and boot your PC from it.
    Try the recovery options you see after the first prompt and then clicking 'Repair My Computer'

3. If you had been using disk imaging which we frequently and strongly recommend you could recover your PC to a working state from an image you had created without technical help.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2016
  5. . Ok. The hard drive is fine. But when I put into the back into the newer system it won't start from anything. Disc etc. There is nothing I can do. I have tried a motherboard reset and still nothing. Not even a bleep. So I guess it could be the motherboard. I have even tried the hard drive from the old computer and still nothing. Won't boot.

Bazzaboy09, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

1. Screen is blank. Nothing but black. - Similar Threads - Screen blank Nothing

2. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and Nothing opens: So I am writing this on my phone. I was in the middle of a video game and this guy told me to press windows shift control and b to reset it. I did but now when I turn my pc on I can’t see the login screen and when I try to login normally it takes to my homepage but nothing...
  3. Black Screen and Nothing opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Nothing opens: So I am writing this on my phone. I was in the middle of a video game and this guy told me to press windows shift control and b to reset it. I did but now when I turn my pc on I can’t see the login screen and when I try to login normally it takes to my homepage but nothing...
  4. vs code is blank when it is open.it is just blank /black screen display nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    vs code is blank when it is open.it is just blank /black screen display nothing: version:windows 10 ram:16 gbstorage:512 ssdprocessor:i3 10th gen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vs-code-is-blank-when-it-is-openit-is-just-blank/bb8a0e1a-32a2-42c5-bfca-f7f8f7609f84
  5. vs code is blank when it is open.it is just blank /black screen display nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vs code is blank when it is open.it is just blank /black screen display nothing: version:windows 10 ram:16 gbstorage:512 ssdprocessor:i3 10th gen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vs-code-is-blank-when-it-is-openit-is-just-blank/bb8a0e1a-32a2-42c5-bfca-f7f8f7609f84
  6. vs code is blank when it is open.it is just blank /black screen display nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  8. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  9. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Black screen shows nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen shows nothing: Hi guys . Yesterday my laptop Model : NX.A23SV.004 requested to update the operating system. But while updating, my laptop shows the message "The upgrade process has been suspended because your battery charge is too low. Please plug in a power source; the process will...