Windows 10: Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random

Discus and support Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Screen on desktop is randomly flashing more or less reversed colors: black with white or weirdly colored text/pictures/links. Happens when moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gthawk62, Mar 29, 2016.

1. gthawk62 Win User

Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random

Screen on desktop is randomly flashing more or less reversed colors: black with white or weirdly colored text/pictures/links. Happens when moving between e-mails in desktop e-mail (Juno). It flashes the previous e-mail in black with weirdly colored text and pictures before loading the next e-mail that had been selected.

It also happens at random when surfing the web, when typing on the web or in Word,, or merely pointing the mouse at different tabs or even when not doing anything at all - not typing or moving the mouse. It might sit there normally for a good while or it might just start flashing at random when not doing anything.

I just recently installed the latest version of Java - Version 8 Update 77 (Build 1.8.0_77-b03). Could that be the problem? I am a novice as far as how anything about computers really works so I would appreciate any help!

Please help!
    Thanks

:)

gthawk62, Mar 29, 2016

2. Keyboard Color Inversion

when I press any key my screen flashes from regular color to inverted color, white turns black, blue turns orange, black turns white, etc.. and the key stroke doesn't appear on the screen. However, if I hold the key down it does appear with the second
    "Color Inversion' flash.

no virus detected after complete scan.

FrankMendez5257, Mar 29, 2016
  3. aps basic colors got reversed

all aps have black background and white text. I want the default option of white background and black text. my basic screens and cursor colors got reversed.. How to put them bac

goat driver, Mar 29, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @gthawk62, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Open Settings/Ease of Access/Other Options and check these settings, perhaps set it to 'None'

Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 29, 2016
  5. gthawk62 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. Before I had a chance to try it, the problem mysteriously vanished. I just hope it never comes back!

gthawk62, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random - Similar Threads - Screen flashing black

2. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black and white, it's not the color filters: I was trying to use the "windows + shift + S" shortcut to take a screen grab and paste it elsewhere. I hit the wrong key or keys, and my screen suddenly went black and white. At first I thought I must have hit "windows+ctrl+C" and turned on the color filters, but when I went...
  3. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black and white, it's not the color filters: I was trying to use the "windows + shift + S" shortcut to take a screen grab and paste it elsewhere. I hit the wrong key or keys, and my screen suddenly went black and white. At first I thought I must have hit "windows+ctrl+C" and turned on the color filters, but when I went...
  4. Screen black and white, it's not the color filters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. White and black flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  6. White and black flash

White and black flash: Whenever I go on chrome, IT goes white and then black for less than a second.I don't really mind since chrome still works well even if it goes like that.I just want to know the problem.Problem persists in-edge-file explorer-chrome- a few more appsMy apps still work very well,...
  7. Screen flashing black and white after reset

Screen flashing black and white after reset: So I just reset my computer a couple hours ago because I felt I needed to wipe everything because a pop had exploded and the tiniest drop got on a hdd and broke it and my C drive was still working. But after the reset I’ve had it flash black and white and have been unable to...
  8. Screen flashing black and white after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flashing black and white after reset: So I just reset my computer a couple hours ago because I felt I needed to wipe everything because a pop had exploded and the tiniest drop got on a hdd and broke it and my C drive was still working. But after the reset I’ve had it flash black and white and have been unable to...
  9. LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LogonUI.exe to Black & White flashing Screen: Hi, I am trying to fix a problem for a neighbour. Not sure if it has any relevance, but he has a sight issue, so says he tends to magnify a lot Older Sony Vaio PCG-P1211M if that helps any. Originally it shipped with Windows 7, but he upped to Windows 10 last year. He...
  10. Black screen with white flashing squares

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with white flashing squares: My computer keeps crashing-it shows a black screen with white flashing squares then restarts. This started today and happened six times already. I hard reset my computer but it still crashes. I have no idea what’s going on and I can’t afford to have someone look at it. It is...