Windows 10: Screen locks on edge

Discus and support Screen locks on edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know why but the screen locks for no reason using Edge on W10. This just started so I don't know what to say. Ideas appreciated Thanks 77919 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enigma1944, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Screen locks on edge

I don't know why but the screen locks for no reason using Edge on W10. This just started so I don't know what to say. Ideas appreciated Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Feb 22, 2017
  2. Schph Win User

Is Microsoft edge required for Windows 10?

bummer. Edge picked up something and has a "virus" that is locking up Edge on the screen and I can't seem to get rid of it. The rest of the computer functions normally BUT if you log into Edge, there is a spam/virus there. You can click the Edge icon
    again and get a 2nd screen that seems to operate normally, but I can't seem to get that on locked screen out.

Schph, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Edge locks up and Cortana Microsoft Edge locks up instantly

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to Run DISM commands and check if it helps.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg tools.
    DISM consolidates the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open
    Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 22, 2017
  4. brummyfan Win User

Screen locks on edge

Hi,
    Go to Start, Settings and select Apps, select Default Apps from left pane, scroll down to Edge and click Reset.

Screen locks on edge [​IMG]

brummyfan, Feb 22, 2017
  5. The cursor will not move
    I'm

enigma1944, Feb 22, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Try it from Safe Mode. To get there, press and hold the Shift key when you click on Restart.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen locks on edge

1. Screen locks on edge - Similar Threads - Screen locks edge

2. Microsoft Edge being intrusive to user via lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge being intrusive to user via lock screen: An elderly couple asked me to help them with a problem that started happening on their computer. I'm usually one to fix things their issues pretty quickly but this one has me stumped. Upon powering on their machine, they get a lock screen with a stock MS image in the...
  3. Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft edge no longer in lock screen: I lost my Microsoft edge in my lock screen. upper left corner. Can someone please help me get edge back into the upper left corner of my startup lock screen. It will come on if I hit the windows key and the letter L. However on startup there is nothing there. This causes...
  4. Lost Microsoft edge from lock screen

Lost Microsoft edge from lock screen: I am running windows 10 version 2004. I recently put in a new internet Security program and it made some suggestions and I clicked fix like a dummy and now I lost the Microsoft edge or Cortana option in my lock screen. I created rules in my firewall spoke to Microsoft and...
  5. Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lock screen trivia features are opening in Edge when Edge is not set as the default browser: I've chosen a non-Edge browser as my default in Windows 10. The lock screen offers casual-interest links, usually related to geography. I'm discouraged from clicking these links because they always open in Edge, rather than my chosen default browser. How can I get them to...
  6. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  7. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  8. Microsoft Edge Locked Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge Locked Virus?: Hi, I opened up a known website and had a tab come up 'Windows Security Microsoft Edge The server...... is asking for your username and password etc' with a voice message telling me not to do anything but to call Microsoft on a number they give on screen. From previous posts...
  9. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen: I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back. I have 'Get fun facts,...
  10. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...