Windows 10: screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update

Discus and support screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My laptop downloaded and installed the latest major Windows 10 update this morning (took several hours!), and now my screen resolution has changed -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Florio, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Florio Win User

screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update

My laptop downloaded and installed the latest major Windows 10 update this morning (took several hours!), and now my screen resolution has changed - the icons and text are all way too big. There are no system restore points available, so I cannot revert to earlier working version. If I go into settings and select display, I am only offered two possibile resolutions, and neither of these is suitable. What can I do?*Sad

:)

Florio, Sep 16, 2016

2. Automatic resolution change for games

Why, after the latest update on November 14th, does my display not automatically change the screen resolution or even allow me the option of changing it so I can play the game I want to play. I've tried changing it with the Intel graphics and the display
    settings and can't seem to fix it.

shortscsar, Sep 16, 2016
  3. sreekee Win User
    Screen Resolution Probem

Hi,

Two days back, i installed latest version of Windows 10..After those updates, my screen resolution has changed..Its shows recommended resolution was 1024 x 768, earlier it was 1280 x 1024. I tried different options, but no luck... Could you help me out?

Thank You

Sri Kiran

sreekee, Sep 16, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

You may have to reinstall or update your graphics card drivers.

Bastet, Sep 16, 2016
  5. Florio Win User
    Thanks for your reply, Doctor9fan. I ended up doing just that, although not without difficulty, as I could hardly navigate the screen etc on account of the oversize text and icons. Windows kept telling me that the drivers were up to date (but they obviously weren't), so I went to the AMD website, used their program to identify the most recent driver for my PC, and then downloaded and installed it. *Confused

Florio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update - Similar Threads - screen resolution changed

2. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  3. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update: Hello, we are experiencing a slow login issue on a different Surface Model running Windows 10 22H2. We found that when stopping the 'Readiness Service' and setting the startup type to 'disabled' and login process just goes quick. This is a good workaround for troubleshooting...
  4. Black Screen and slow login issue after Latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No desktop after latest Cumulative update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No desktop after latest Cumulative update: Hello, last night I updated to the latest cumulative update ( KB4565503), however when I started my PC today, all I am greeted with is a black screen. I can access the task manager with CTRL+ALT+DEL and can through that open up things like Firefox, a folder, etc. But I do...
  6. Varied blue screens after latest cumulative update - not fixed by uninstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Varied blue screens after latest cumulative update - not fixed by uninstall: Been error free for months now, installed cumulative update KB4560959 (+security update) and had multiple BSODS today. Different error every time pretty much. Ran DSIM restorehealth and sfc scannow. Uninstalled the update but cannot get rid of the accomanpanying security...
  7. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  8. Downloads folder after latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads folder after latest cumulative update: Hi, my PC just installed the cumulative update that stated I needed to update the April 2018 update or something. Anyway, my downloads folder now has these horizontal organizers that read, "A long time ago", "Earlier this year", "Last month", etc. How do I remove or turn...
  9. Native resolution changed after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Native resolution changed after the latest update: About a week ago, I decided to hit the check updates button and everything went normally, An update came, windows downloaded it and installed it. But after a long installation, things on my screen seemed bigger and a bit blurry, I have a few years old full HD LCD monitor...
  10. Latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....