Windows 10: Screen resolution changes when monitor switched off

Discus and support Screen resolution changes when monitor switched off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Due to upgrading my M2 sytem boot drive I've had to reinstall Windows 10 and I've come across a plethora of problems that I had when first installed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Vipermk2, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Vipermk2 Win User

Screen resolution changes when monitor switched off

Due to upgrading my M2 sytem boot drive I've had to reinstall Windows 10 and I've come across a plethora of problems that I had when first installed it last year. This one I know there is a Reg fix for it but trying to find it has proved fruitless.

I have a 4k monitor and when I switch it off and back on again what ever was in the lower right has moved to what it looks like it would be on a 1080 or the top left quarter of the monitor. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what to do. Video drivers are up to date.

:)

Vipermk2, Sep 14, 2016

2. my windows 10 screen keeps saying "auto adjust" how can I stop it?

Hi Harsha,

When do you get this prompt? Because it only occurs if the monitor has been switched off and it turns on the monitor, it auto adjusts accordingly to the screen resolution that was set. Please switch off and check what happens.

SujataMoktan, Sep 14, 2016
  3. How To change screen resolution

I have an old HCL (square shaped ) monitor. When i changed the screen resolution from 1240*720 to 400*600 ( recommended as shown in settings) the monitor suddenly turned off (not power off) but the system is still on. What can i do now to change the resolution
    back...

HARIPRASATHG27, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Kryten Win User

Kryten, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Plankton Win User
    Have you tried running the OS with out the M.2 SSD? Are you using the Samsung Magician software? Are you running all the latest mobo drivers?

Plankton, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Vipermk2 Win User
    Problem was to do with the DPI scaling of my 2nd monitor, it was set to 300% for some reason although I had not changed it. I only changed the 1st Monitor to 150% the 2nd is only used for watching films and playing games.

Vipermk2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen resolution changes when monitor switched off - Similar Threads - Screen resolution changes

2. external monitor screen resolution seems off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external monitor screen resolution seems off: Hi guys, I just updated my graphic driver for my external monitor and all of the sudden, the resolution of my 2nd monitor looks odd. The scaling is a lot bigger and the task bar at the bottom of my screen is bigger on my 2nd monitor. How do I resolve this issue? Any help...
  3. Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off: I built a PC for gaming recently and encountered some strange behavior. Namely, if I turn the (1440p, DP) monitor off with the computer on, the resolution switches to 1024x768 (with the option of 800x600) and will not switch back until I reboot. Has anyone seen this?...
  4. Secondary monitor's resolution distorts when the tertiary monitor is turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary monitor's resolution distorts when the tertiary monitor is turned off: The issue: The other day, I forget why/how, but my secondary monitor (on the right) has begun changing its resolution when the TV above my setup is turned off. It's weird, to say the least. imgur.com/a/qI9NQCP Note that this monitor is 1440x900, and that is the maximum...
  5. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  6. monitor resolution off the edges

monitor resolution off the edges: my 2nd monitor desk top resolution is1280x720 but the active resolution is 1920x1080. my main monitor resolutions are both 1920x1080. I have tried all the different resolution options but still cant see he edges of the 2nd monitor. this includes the desktop as well as...
  7. Monitor Will Not Switch Off...

Monitor Will Not Switch Off...: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've set my monitor to turn off after 10minutes in "Power saving" but it doesn't turn off. It stays on all night... Anyone know what I can do? Thanks! 70214
  8. Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off

Screen resolution changes when monitor is turned off: Hi guys. First off lemme start by praising the people who run and post on this board, it's an endless mine of informations and a never ending academy for learning all the tips and tricks of anything pc-related...so keep up the good work guys! Unfortunately I'm writing here...
  9. Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch

Wrong monitor resolution when using KVM switch: Hi, When using Win10 with my monitor it correctly sets the resolution to 1360x768. When I use my KVM switch it changes the resolution to 1024x768 which looks all wrong. I try to manually change the resolution but 1360x768 is not on the list. I have unchecked the "hide...
  10. Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes

Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes: The title probably could use some work. Feel free to edit, anyone, if you know a better one. Here's the deal: I've got a big monitor running the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have items all over my desktop that I am working with. If I let the screen sleep...