Windows 10: Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Discus and support Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Team, I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ManjitSawhney, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Dear Team,

I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that machines.

On first Nvidia Card 2 Monitors are connected & works fine in extended display environment. Perfect Screen resolution is maintained at 1280*1024.

On connecting 3rd screen ( Actually a Barco make Large Video screen) on 2nd Nvidia card, & selecting the option " extend 2to3 Display" , the screen resolution drops down automatically on screen no 2 ( i.e Second Monitor) & Screen No 3 ( Large screen). The display option on the monitor & Large screen get's reduced.

Please suggest..

:)

ManjitSawhney, Aug 3, 2018

2. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Issues with the screen resolution in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding resolution of computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

It is very important to have the correct screen resolution settings in your Windows PC as it facilitates better display of content and the clarity of images. Higher is the resolution, sharper are the images and contents on your PC

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop,right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    Keep The Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Anup Karkal, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

window 10 update on Sunday, December 13, 2015 screen resolution issue

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific
    driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

Kindly try the below steps and check.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

1. Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution issue

2. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...
  3. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  4. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  5. Issues with display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with display resolution: My screen resolution seems to randomly change from 1920 x 1400 to 1600 x 1200. The former is scaled to fit my monitor, but the latter is what I am currently dealing with and as can be seen using OBS, there is a large portion of the display that is black, but does not show up...
  6. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display resolution issue with multiple displays: Edited to add, it wasn't a Windows issue but rather an issue with the software I was using on the second display. Not sure if you're able to delete posts in here, but if a mod sees this post, feel free to delete it. I have an issue where a second display always start up in...
  7. Display resolution issue with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Display resolution issue with multiple displays: I have an issue where a second display always start up in 800x600 even when it's set to 1024x768 (Recommended) when checking the display settings in Windows 10. Easy to fix though, I simply change it to 800x600 and when being ask if I want to keep the new setting or revert,...
  8. Display resolution issues

Display resolution issues: The normal display resolution for my computer screen is 1920 x 1080. Lately, for reasons I can't fathom, I'll wake the computer up and the resolution will have changed to 1680 x 1050. This produces a stretched, kind of squashed appearance. When I go to Display Settings, the...
  9. display resolution issue

display resolution issue: ok so ive looked ofr answers everywhere and tried a variety of things like removing drivers and re instaling them and making sure my graphics driver is up to date etc. nothing is working. my problem is this. when my computer boots up while connected to my big tv (48" samsung...
  10. Display Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Resolution Issue: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my Dell Inspiron N411z running Windows 10 TP 10130. The screen resolution is very off and everything is bloated. I tried going into both Settings and Control Panel and neither could fix the issue. Do you think this may be a driver issue?...