Windows 10: Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV

Discus and support Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, hope someone can provide some clues as to what I need to do to get screen resolution from changing when I switch display settings from extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by n2nman, Aug 22, 2015.

1. n2nman Win User

Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV

Hi all, hope someone can provide some clues as to what I need to do to get screen resolution from changing when I switch display settings from extended to duplicate screens.

PC is a self built machine with on Intel HD board graphics, however I am using a Radeon 6870 GFX card. the latest drivers have been installed (15.20.1062.1004-150803a-184226E)

I have a Dell P2414H monitor that is connected to the GFX card using DisplayPort cable and a 46" Sony HX823 LED TV connected via HDMI from the GFX card as well.

the monitor and TV both support 1920x1080 resolution and this is the resolution that the Dell runs on when the display setting is set to Extended Displays.

When I want to watch a movie I set the display to Duplicate Displays, the resolution drops to a lower setting as the taskbar and open windows all increase in size. the display properties however still report the resolution as 1920x1080.

Any ideas why this is happening? and what I can do to stop it from occurring?

Many thanks

:)

n2nman, Aug 22, 2015
  2. ThomYorke Win User

TV Monitor Black when switching from laptop

Hello,

I have an issue regarding my laptop and a tv I was trying to use as monitor. At first, I managed to connect the two via HDMI cable without an issue (the only problem was the resolution quality on the tv) but then I accidentally changed the tv resolution
    from my laptop to 1024x768, From that moment, the tv went black and now it only works when I duplicate or extend the screen. When I try to use the tv as the only monitor, whatever I do, it goes black. Unfortunately I can't change resolution from tv, and changing
    ratio doesn't help. Likewise, I can change tv resolution from laptop when duplicating or extending, but obviously this goes black as well when I try to switch to monitor 2. Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks.

ThomYorke, Aug 22, 2015
  3. TV Monitor Black when switching from laptop

I have the same issue, but I have no restore point. When switching from extend monitor settings to show on monitor 2 only, my screen on my tv goes black. I have tried every resolution and every frequency and nothing works to show the TV as the only screen.
    It works fine when I duplicate the monitors, or extend the monitors, but not when I use the TV as the only monitor. Any help?

JonVan Cleef, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV

1. Screen Resolution issue when duplicating across monitor and TV - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution issue

2. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  3. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  4. Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution issue when using TV as a monitor: Hi, I have connected a 26 inch TV as a monitor for my Windows 10 Desktop PC. The screen image appears too large with part of the Task Bar just barely showing on the bottom. I need to reduce the size of the screen image. How do I do this? ***Original title: Windows...
  5. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays: Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the...
  6. TV screen resolution

TV screen resolution: Hello, I cracked the LCD on my laptop, so thru HDMI, I hooked it up to my TV. I need to make it so the resolution fits the TV. the max res im getting on the tv is 1920x1080. the tv is full HD 1080p. is my computer not compatible? Thanks, Tyla...
  7. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...
  8. 4k tv resolution issue

4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...
  9. Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues

Using a TV as multiple virtual monitors & resolutions issues: At work I use 3 physical vertical monitors and I use an application which takes screenshots of every minute each day. I need to review these screenshots later and would like to do this at home, however I only have a laptop at home and this makes things difficult. I...
  10. custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    custom screen resolution not working to fit my tv monitor: Hello friends, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and my screen is too big for my television monitor that I am using. Usually I just go to display settings and choose advanced settings in order to customize the size, but in this particular case I do not have the custom bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when extending screen tv quality is 1366x768 but when duplicating it drops to 1080p

2. screen resolution when duplicating a screen

3. which profile is used when duplicating across 2 displays

4. when duplicating a screen and the qaulity drops