Windows 10: Screen resolution Issues

Discus and support Screen resolution Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just recently got a new computer and updated it to 10. I have the resolution set to 1920x1080 which is the recommended resolution for me. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by benfiala, Jun 21, 2016.

1. benfiala Win User

Screen resolution Issues

I just recently got a new computer and updated it to 10. I have the resolution set to 1920x1080 which is the recommended resolution for me. However, the picture extends about a half inch off my screen on the right and left hand sides of my screen. Been fiddling around, trying to figure out what the problem is for hours now and I have had no luck. And yes, I have the most up to date graphics drivers. Can you guys help me out? Screenshot is below.

Screen resolution Issues [​IMG]

:)

benfiala, Jun 21, 2016
  2. Pavan_N Win User

screen resolution issue.

Hi,

Thank you for posting In Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

1. What is the exact make and model of your computer?

2. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

3. What happens when you select 1024x768?

As per screen shot provided, we understand that the screen size is reduced. This issue might occur if there are no updated graphic drivers. Follow the steps below to update graphic drivers. If issue persists uninstall and reinstall from manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the Graphic drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Graphic adaptor.

c. Right-click on the Graphic and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Also refer the link below suggested by Andre Da Costa on February 6, 2015.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also refer

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 21, 2016
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Issues with Screen Resolution

Did you enable magnification? (Your can test it by double-tapping the screen with
    two fingers)

7thSense, Jun 21, 2016
  4. benfiala Win User

Screen resolution Issues

Figured it out! Monitor issue.

benfiala, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

Screen resolution Issues

1. Screen resolution Issues - Similar Threads - Screen resolution Issues

2. Resolution issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution issues.: thank you in advance for any help provided!!! Something happened with my surface laptop 4, where the resolution on some things is way too big. it isn't my actual resolution settings, and i have also tried to adjust the scaling, but it isn't helping. I think the cause may have...
  3. Screen resolution auto change issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen resolution auto change issue: so my screen seems to go from 3840 2160 (4k resolution) to 640480 (sometimes it does that twice ) then it sometimes reverts back to the 3840 resolution . it tends to do this hourly. ive tried uninstalling video drivers, restarting,powerting off, ensuring the boot mode thing...
  4. Issue with screen resolution?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with screen resolution?: I have my screen set to all recommended settings, yet when I maximize a window, it goes off the screen. Additionally, the task bar (docked anywhere on the screen - bottom, right, left) is not fully visible. Any known issues/fixes out there as this seemed to happen...
  5. Screen resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution issues: I'm trying to play a PC game through Steam. The game is from 2007 so the graphics quality isn't great. My Surface Pro, every time I open the game, give me a pop up asking if I want the PC to fix the blurriness for the game. The pop up has a drop down menu and 3 options: 1....
  6. Resolution Issue

Resolution Issue: I have this problem on my pc where my resolution keeps changing automaticly and there isnt anything that I could do about. I tried everything like restalling drivers to updating them. I still fix this issue and I tried restarting my pc as well to see if that would have an...
  7. Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display

Screen Resolution issue on 3rd Display: Dear Team, I am using a Dell Work station T5810XL machine ,installed with WIn 10 OS. There are 2 Nvidia (NVS 315) display driver installed in that machines. On first Nvidia Card 2 Monitors are connected & works fine in extended display environment. Perfect Screen...
  8. Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Issues: I have a GTX570 Phantom, and an LG E1911S-BN monitor. Recently, I started to have very weird resolution issues: while in some games, and all programs, everything runs fine at the monitor's resolution (1366x768, 60Hz), in certain games, upon selecting 1366x768 at full screen,...
  9. HP Laptop Screen Resolution Issues

HP Laptop Screen Resolution Issues: I have been putting off updating to Windows 10 on a Hewlitt Packard G60 laptop, however, today, the computer did upgrade. It seems as if the Windows 10 installation worked, with the exception of two issues. 1. The screen resolution has been changed to 1024x728, and...
  10. Screen resolution issue.

Screen resolution issue.: My screen resolution is at the minimum instead of where it should be. When I try to use the settings to reset it, it does not work. Any suggestions what else to do? 62098