Windows 10: Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10!

Discus and support Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys.I'm new her on forum and I have a problem with my Dell laptop,model m5110 with AMD A8 3500m and AMD Radeon HD 6220 graphic card.The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NafrCar, Oct 13, 2016.

1. NafrCar Win User

Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10!

Hi guys.I'm new her on forum and I have a problem with my Dell laptop,model m5110 with AMD A8 3500m and AMD Radeon HD 6220 graphic card.The problem is that I can't change resolution to higher one than 1024x768 and before that on WIn7 recommended resolution was 1366x768.Can you tell me what the problem and do I need to switch back to Win 7 because of that?I was tried to update drivers through Windows update and to install the older one from Dell site but it's still the same.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

NafrCar, Oct 13, 2016

2. Ugraded from win 7 to win 10 (Dell XPS 8500) rendered subwoofer on 2.1 speaker system useless.

Hi

I have the same issue on my Dell XPS 15 laptop after upgrading to win10. Has any body found a resolution? The thing is I am sticking to Windows 10 and finding the resolution.

Rizwan Riaz, Oct 13, 2016
  3. Reinstall windows 10 after hard drive failure and replacement. Can I image drive of near identical PC?

Previously performed the free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Dell home laptop. Just had a hard drive failure and replacement drive is ordered. Can I image the drive of my second near identical laptop (both Dell Latitude D630) to the drive
    I am replacing, and assume the Microsoft win10 server will figure out the product-key of the laptops Win10 ID? Doing a image of another drive would save me the time of loading many drivers.

PS I just installed a new screen and cable with slightly lower resolution. I hope that along with a new drive will not cause the Win10 server not
    recognize the product-key of the laptops Win10 ID.

RobertOestreich, Oct 13, 2016
  4. Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10!

cottonball, Oct 13, 2016
  5. NafrCar Win User
    I was upgrade to Win10 yesterday,and yes I saw that tutorial but the problem is that I don't have option to change resolution higher than 1024x768.The same resolution is "List all modes" option.On Win7 everything is working fine and I was able to change resolution to 1920x1080.

NafrCar, Oct 13, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    In Device Manager, what graphics drivers do you see for the Display Adapter? I'd bet that they are the Microsoft Basic ones. You probably need the right drivers for your graphics device.

As Dell provides no Windows 10 support for that model, you're on your own as regards drivers. You may be able to use the latest Radeon drivers (from amd.com).

bobkn, Oct 13, 2016
  7. NafrCar Win User
    I switched back to Win7 and all works like before.I was also think that's a driver problem but I see that new AMD drivers are for new HD series not for 6000 series.Also,drivers for wireless are not working very well too.Thanks for your help guys.

NafrCar, Oct 13, 2016
  8. Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10!

Thanks for the update, NafrCar.

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10!

1. Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10! - Similar Threads - Screen resolution problem

2. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  3. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  4. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution problem: I have my HP laptop HDMIed to my Sharp Aquos TV. The TV has a 1920x1080 display. None of the dozen, or so, screen resolutions offered properly fit/fill the TV screen. 1280x768 at recommended 100% magnification is the closest I can get, with the top and bottom of the window...
  6. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...
  7. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...
  8. Resolution Problem in currently installed Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Problem in currently installed Win10: I have resolution problem in my some of the software. They come bigger than desktop and does not fit in my screen plus they are blurry too. I have tried reinstalling these software but that didn't worked. It appears something like in the screenshot: 28895
  9. Problem with Screen Resolution on Windows install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with Screen Resolution on Windows install: Hi everyone. I was having here a bit of a problem, my laptop , where i took out the lcd, because it wasn't working, i've been using an external screen via vga with windows 10, but yesterday i made a full reinstall using a usb with the windows 10 install booting. After...
  10. Win10 screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 screen resolution: I recently upgraded my new Dell Inspiron mini-tower from Win8.1 to Win10. I noticed that icons on the desktop were chopped-off on the left side of the screen. So I tried various screen resolutions to make the display better fit the 17" monitor. Win10 kept suggesting that the...