Windows 10: Screen Resolution went kaflooie!

Discus and support Screen Resolution went kaflooie! in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; *cry Installed Windows 10, and now my screen resolution is way off (text/pictures are not nearly as sharp as with Windows 7). "Clear Text" is on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Harry, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Harry Win User

Screen Resolution went kaflooie!

*cry

Installed Windows 10, and now my screen resolution is way off (text/pictures are not nearly as sharp as with Windows 7). "Clear Text" is on. Display is set to optimum (recommended) resolution. Been through settings until my fingers fell off. Suggestions? (other than re-installing Windows 7).

:)

Harry, Aug 29, 2015

2. Something went wrong with the screen resolution after the last update of windows 10

Thank you very much! this worked out perfectly! Now I see everything clear.

Stephan Caba, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Something went wrong with the screen resolution after the last update of windows 10

Hi Microsoft team, last weekend an update was automatically installed on my laptop (HP Pavilion dv4, with Windows 10), but something went very wrong. First, I found problems with the sound. Ok, I have corrected that by going to
    C:\Drivers\Audio and reinstalling the driver, but after, my screen resolution crashed! This screen is supposed to handle 1900x1080, but now I see everything in this horrible, 1024x768. I've tryed to set the resolution back but
    that is not longer possible since the option is no longer avalible... I've also tryed to go back to a recovery point (just before the update was made), neither of those solutions worked out. Please, I want my Full HD resolution back!

Stephan Caba, Aug 29, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Hello and welcome to 10 forums ,, right click on the windows icon ,lower left side of screen , choose device manager ,open up display adapters ,click to check for update driver and tell it to look for driver ,it should look on the internet and find best drivers for you display adapter.
    when in device manager check to make sure all the devices are showing that you have drivers installed for them

caperjack, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Harry Win User
    Display drivers are up to date, as are all other drivers.

Harry, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen Resolution went kaflooie! - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution went

2. My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...: My whole screen is black with blue and red vertical lines. I can still hear the password startup sound but can’t see it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black-after-i-tried-doing-a-stretch/262f7e7c-ee4c-4b25-bcfe-7c124d63aa66
  3. My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen went black after I tried doing a stretch resolution and my screen went fully...: My whole screen is black with blue and red vertical lines. I can still hear the password startup sound but can’t see it, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black-after-i-tried-doing-a-stretch/262f7e7c-ee4c-4b25-bcfe-7c124d63aa66
  4. Screen resolution change – suddenly went widescreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution change – suddenly went widescreen: All of a sudden, Bang, my screen went to a widescreen format and I cannot change it. I followed all of the steps I could find in the November, 2017 thread. I found and updated my AMD driver to know affect. There've been a lot of updates under the bridge since then and I'm...
  5. screen resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen resolutions: I have a new desk top pc on windows 10. The screen resolution was not good so I changed the display resolution increasing it to the maximum number not really sure of what I was doing...doh. Now the pc doesn't let me do anything but just displays an error message on the...
  6. Screen Resolution

Screen Resolution: My "recommended" screen resolution is no longer an option and my display does not fill the entire monitor. EVERY time Microsoft does an update, this happens to me. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! So frustrating! Usually I can re-set my display settings but this time it will not....
  7. Screen Resolution Went Wonky

Screen Resolution Went Wonky: Last November, after a severe issue where system restore made things worse, the resolution on my monitor changed. The problem is, Windows says it is still 1440 x 900, but other programs such as Quicken complain that the resolution is too low, quite a few don't display the way...
  8. Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution: Hello, My Dell U3818DW is running Windows 10. This monitor is connected to NVIDIA NVS 510, which max resolution is 3840x2160. In display settings the highest resolution it lets me pick is 1920x1080. Windows help suggest I update my graphics driver, but Windows Update...
  9. Screen resolution

Screen resolution: Hello How do I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/screen-resolution/0e331887-527d-4cb1-875c-e3a070c88589
  10. Screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution: Sorry if this has been asked and answered before (if it has can anyone direct me to the solution) Right then, I took advantage to "upgrade" from W7 to W10, everything went well except that the screen displays at a wider angle than it should i.e. my photo on my desktop...