Windows 10: Screen resolution will not change

Discus and support Screen resolution will not change in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Amadeus51, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Screen resolution will not change

My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so haven't resulted in any success. Any ideas?

:)

Amadeus51, Jul 1, 2017
  2. JohnAlban Win User

Change screen resolution Screen resolution does not show

Screen resolution size does not show.

JohnAlban, Jul 1, 2017
  3. JohnAlban Win User
    Change screen resolution Screen resolution does not show

That seems to have fixed it. Had the old AMD ATI graphics card. Things were a bit different but I installed the old 8.970.100.9001 driver. Hope it's fixed. Big Thank You.

John

JohnAlban, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Screen resolution will not change

You are most likely using legacy GPU, so you need to install legacy drivers or your GPU is not supported in 10.

TairikuOkami, Jul 4, 2017
  5. Amadeus51 Win User
    How do I know what type of GPU I have? Incidentally, the problem started suddenly, and yesterday reverted back to the correct resolution. Any ideas what happened? I don't recall actually being able to do anything to solve the problem. I would like to be prepared if it happens again.

Amadeus51, Jul 4, 2017
  6. TairikuOkami, Jul 4, 2017
  7. larc919 Win User
    Here's a fast and convenient way to check for GPU: Start > Windows System > open Device Manager. Click on the pointer at left of Display adapters. That should show your GPU. Right click on the GPU name and select Properties. Info on the Driver tab will show driver version and date. Update the driver if needed.

larc919, Jul 5, 2017
  8. Amadeus51 Win User

I did as you suggested. When I opened the Display adaptor properties, there was no info there. all it said was Display adaptors. I tried clicking both right and left, but nothing opened.

Amadeus51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen resolution will not change - Similar Threads - Screen resolution change

2. Changing to a larger screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to a larger screen resolution: Good dayI'm trying to change my screen resolution but it's stuck at the recommended one at 1366x768I updated my driver,it didn't workI even tried to download another driver but my operating system Windows 10 pro is not supportingI need a larger screen resolutionWhat can I do?...
  3. Changing to a larger screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing to a larger screen resolution: Good dayI'm trying to change my screen resolution but it's stuck at the recommended one at 1366x768I updated my driver,it didn't workI even tried to download another driver but my operating system Windows 10 pro is not supportingI need a larger screen resolutionWhat can I do?...
  4. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  5. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  6. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  8. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  9. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  10. Screen resolution unexpectedly changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution unexpectedly changes: Since upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I am having an occasional issue while browsing that is non-fatal but very annoying. This happened frequently in Chrome, and much less so with Firefox. Usually while scrolling on some page, the following sequence occurs: 1) A short sound...