Windows 10: Screen resolution

Discus and support Screen resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Are you running an upgrade or a clean install? Computer Details Please? Click simultaneously on the Windows flag and the Pause key: Paste the result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Joelyman, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Screen resolution

We need to know the device manufacturer? Get the service manual to see it.

MikeMecanic, Aug 13, 2015
  2. bobkn Win User

To quote myself (post #6):

This is slightly more complex: to find the hardware, double click on the adapter shown. In the windows that pops up, click on the Details tab. Under Property, choose Device IDs. I think you'll get a valid ID even if you don't have proper drivers installed.

I hope that's clear now that you've found Display Adapters in Device Manager.

I'm not 100% certain that you'll get the card's device ID, but it's worth a shot. It may be easier than sleuthing through your documentation, or taking the PC apart.

You can Google the device ID (use the shortest listed one), and it's likely to be a common card.

bobkn, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Choose instead Hardware ID. Device ID is not listed.under property. That was a good one Bob and it's always good to repeat ourself because we miss that one.
    Looks like that on Google if you copy the first line: PCI\VEN_8086REV_09 - Google Search

MikeMecanic, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Screen resolution

MikeMecanic, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Joelyman Win User
    Where on that list is Display Adaptors please Bobkn...

Can I just offer some info that was asked earlier...
    My PC is a Medion it has Intel Core 2 Duo ( this is all that is displayed on the outer case )
    and after that I'm sorry I don't know anything else about it...
    .......... other than ... I'm on a free download, I was previously running with W7 without any of the problems described earlier...
    So just a Q from me .... If the graphics card was OK then, why is it problematic now....?
    So sorry about this but I'm really appreciativel that 2 guys I've never met and probably never likely to, from the opposite side of the world to me, are keen to help..
    Cheers Joe

Joelyman, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Your resolution should be set to the Displays Default or native resolution. If you go to your control panel and click on display then show resolution it should say which is native.

The display adapter will be after name using that program

7. Joelyman Win User
    Thanks Gary but not sure where in Control Panel that Display is to click on it

Joelyman, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Screen resolution

Here:

Screen resolution [​IMG]

9. Joelyman Win User
    Thanks Gary but I tried this before I used the forum and none of the settings adjusts the screen to how it was with W7

Here's a screenshot of my mapping software and you can see the effect, in that the grid squares are now grid oblongs... I've indicated the grid intersections with flags...
    Cheers Joe

Joelyman, Aug 14, 2015
  10. Did you try cpu-z? It's a very small program that will sniff your mother board and grab all the informations. You'll know then the Graphics Card Model. It will be helpful.
    Take care,

MikeMecanic, Aug 15, 2015
  11. Joelyman Win User
    I downloaded that cpu-z here's a screenshot of the system and another of the graphics, hope you can retrieve some info from these.... /
    Joe

Joelyman, Aug 15, 2015
  12. Dear Joe,

Go there and select Option 2: Download Drivers | NVIDIA

You must find out if the graphic Revision A1 is the last. There are other informations under the Mainboard Page regarding the BIOS. You must find out if the BIOS version is the last one. Show us the mainboard page.

Take care,

MikeMecanic, Aug 15, 2015
  13. Screen resolution

I've seen B2 instead of A1. To be confirmed with the Mainboard Page Screenshot.

MikeMecanic, Aug 16, 2015
  14. Joelyman Win User
    Hia Mike.. I'm so sorry but I don't understand the jargon you're using, I'm sorry but I'm not so technically informed, so I don't understand B2, A1 and BIOS ....... again I'm not aware that I've had a graphics revision never mind if it's the first or last..........??
    Also in your previous post you told me to click on the link for nvidia which I did and selected the second option as you said, it then asked me to download Java. I again did that, having downloaded Java it seems not to recognise it and asks me to install again.
    Now I really appreciate your, and others, help in this but I feel as though I'm in a never ending tunnel of confusion and I'm a whisk away from returning back to W7...
    Cheers Joe

Joelyman, Aug 16, 2015
  15. You have an old laptop, It won't hurt to update the BIOS under 7 or 10. It's up to you. It was a pleasure helping you across Atlantic Ocean.

Regards,

MikeMecanic, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Screen resolution

1. Screen resolution - Similar Threads - Screen resolution

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  5. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  6. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...: Issue Description - I am encountering a persistent issue with my second screen, an HP Compaq LA2206xc, which is connected to my laptop positioned on the left side. Despite my efforts to adjust the screen resolution, the second screen fails to display correctly. Specifically,...
  8. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...: Issue Description - I am encountering a persistent issue with my second screen, an HP Compaq LA2206xc, which is connected to my laptop positioned on the left side. Despite my efforts to adjust the screen resolution, the second screen fails to display correctly. Specifically,...
  9. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. trying to fix screen resolution on my game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to fix screen resolution on my game: My game has a resolution display, just updated to windows 11 and download some drivers from geforce experience, and when i change thee resolution in the client side to 1920x1080 it over shoots and becomes barely interactable, also my keyboard keeps messing my my letters. my...