Windows 10: Screen reverting to desktop

Discus and support Screen reverting to desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. . 1. When I am searching for a file in My documents ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sreehari, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sreehari Win User

Screen reverting to desktop

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. .
    1. When I am searching for a file in My documents , Downloads etc the screen reverts to Desktop forcing me to start every thing afresh.
    2. When I am typing a mail or preparing a document the cursor stops forcing me to retype from where it stopped.

Any solutions ?

:)

Sreehari, Jun 17, 2016

2. start menu reverts to desktop

Every time I use an app the screen reverts to desktop.

GaryRoseman, Jun 17, 2016
  3. GMcGB Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade

Upgraded from 7 to 10. Install complete, but now I get the "Welcome screen" with a "next" tab. Clicking on next brings a black screen which eventually reverts to the welcome screen. My desktop computer is frozen in this state. I can't access any other
    functions or revert back to 7.

GMcGB, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Screen reverting to desktop

1. Screen reverting to desktop - Similar Threads - Screen reverting desktop

2. Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen: I have an ASUS ProArt Studiobook 16 that I keep trying to change the background of. I want to make it use a slideshow effect to save the OLED screen, but no matter what background I set it to, the computer will revert back to the factory installed custom theme with the...
  3. Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background Keeps Reverting to Factory Custom Screen: I have an ASUS ProArt Studiobook 16 that I keep trying to change the background of. I want to make it use a slideshow effect to save the OLED screen, but no matter what background I set it to, the computer will revert back to the factory installed custom theme with the...
  4. Screen Reverts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Reverts: Does anyone know how to fix this issue.......... My computer randomly reverts to the previous screen. It seems to be getting worse. I can be in the middle of anything and I lose what I was doing when it goes to a previous screen....
  5. My desktop reverted to how it was years ago.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop reverted to how it was years ago.: After updating my PC last night. I woke up to find my desktop, from 2015. It has the background I had back then, all the apps for the games and software (even those no longer installed on my machine) and I have been signed out of all my logins. I read that this may be a...
  6. Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe after install screen reverts to desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe after install screen reverts to desktop: Hi, I just purchased FS2020 Premium Deluxe and installed it. During installation it asked if I wanted to increase the graphics quality so I did. The installation continued and when it was supposed to run, the screen reverted back to the desktop. When trying to restart it, a...
  7. Desktop icons always revert to previous order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons always revert to previous order: Anytime I reorder the desktop icons after a reboot they will go back to the previous order after a reboot. Also when downloading or copying files to the desktop they always end up in the top left corner above My Computer instead of after the last icon on the right. submitted...
  8. Msconfiguration to revert normal screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Msconfiguration to revert normal screen: I unfortunatey entered in msconfig.. windows 10 now screen showing only language,network,ease ofhof access and powerd options. How it come back to normal screen....
  9. Compuuter reverts to desktop while working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compuuter reverts to desktop while working.: Since the latest windows 10 update my computer repeatedly reverts to desktop view while working. Can anyone suggest a simple fix that a 75 year old could follow? Thanks, Phil....
  10. Timing when screen revertes to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timing when screen revertes to desktop: When I stop working for a few minutes the screen saver comes on. It is very annoying. How can I change the time when this happens. It now revertes in about 4 minutes....