Windows 10: Screen reverting to desktop

Discus and support Screen reverting to desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. . 1. When I am searching for a file in My documents ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sreehari, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sreehari Win User

Screen reverting to desktop

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. .
    1. When I am searching for a file in My documents , Downloads etc the screen reverts to Desktop forcing me to start every thing afresh.
    2. When I am typing a mail or preparing a document the cursor stops forcing me to retype from where it stopped.

Any solutions ?

:)

Sreehari, Jun 17, 2016

2. start menu reverts to desktop

Every time I use an app the screen reverts to desktop.

GaryRoseman, Jun 17, 2016
  3. GMcGB Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade

Upgraded from 7 to 10. Install complete, but now I get the "Welcome screen" with a "next" tab. Clicking on next brings a black screen which eventually reverts to the welcome screen. My desktop computer is frozen in this state. I can't access any other
    functions or revert back to 7.

GMcGB, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Screen reverting to desktop

1. Screen reverting to desktop - Similar Threads - Screen reverting desktop

2. Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo: OK, not a question - but I've been looking for an answer to the subject problem for a while, and thanks to another site that I've misplaced, I've found an answer. It may make the good folks at MS crazy that I'm screwing with their programming, but this is the only way I've...
  3. Compuuter reverts to desktop while working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compuuter reverts to desktop while working.: Since the latest windows 10 update my computer repeatedly reverts to desktop view while working. Can anyone suggest a simple fix that a 75 year old could follow? Thanks, Phil....
  4. desktop screen

desktop screen: How do I restore my window 10 desktop screen to the normal size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-screen/f9e0ce84-ce72-474a-89c6-40f9d5474357
  5. Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Gone, Some new UI taking up entire screen, need to revert back: I dont know how this happened, but now my desktop is gone, and it changed to some weird view. I think its called Task View. Here is a screenshot. [img] I just want my old desktop back. The normal desktop with normal icons. Help is greatly appreciated. 128522
  6. Timing when screen revertes to desktop

Timing when screen revertes to desktop: When I stop working for a few minutes the screen saver comes on. It is very annoying. How can I change the time when this happens. It now revertes in about 4 minutes....
  7. Desktop screen

Desktop screen: In windows 10 how do I get my desktop screen back? It just disappears and I only have the windows start screen with all the apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/desktop-screen/cb30702b-b074-4344-bc4b-7fe8ebc97847
  8. The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.

The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.: I'm not sure if this should go under the topic of General Help or Customization. Since it is about personalizing I opted to post it here. I've got a Lenovo Desktop that was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 just after the release. I have a Toshiba Laptop which I upgraded from 7 to...
  9. Tablet with Windows 10 reverted to Apps Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet with Windows 10 reverted to Apps Screen: I have a new tablet and all was well until I must've hit something and changed to the screen where all the apps are shown all over the display. I just want the app squares off of my screen. I've googled but I just get the stuff where they added the classic shell so I'm not...
  10. System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled" and useable. After research, I discovered that one's antivirus program should be disabled as well as all USB-connected...