Windows 10: Screen Saver Keeps reseting to 1 min. and won't initialize .

Discus and support Screen Saver Keeps reseting to 1 min. and won't initialize . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set the screen saver to " blank" and " 10 min. " and at some point it re-sets and won't initialize and the time is set to " 1 min. " It never comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ronfiveo, Aug 4, 2015.

1. ronfiveo Win User

Screen Saver Keeps reseting to 1 min. and won't initialize .

I set the screen saver to " blank" and " 10 min. " and at some point it re-sets and won't initialize and the time is set to " 1 min. " It never comes on at that point.

So, I set it again. and again at some point it's back to as if it was not set again.
    At first I thought it was just me not doing something right but it happened to my Mom's computer as well.

Is there a fix or do we have to wait for an update to solve and fix this problem ?

Thanks guys.

Update : It seems to change when I shutdown and then start up in the morning as well as any re-boot.

:)

ronfiveo, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Screen Saver wait time keeps resetting to 1 minute

Wait, so your screen saver time keeps getting reset to 1 min. AND it keeps activating after 1 min. of inactivity? That's different than what everyone here was experiencing - It would get reset to 1 min., but it would never actually activate after that...very
    strange.

I'd try disabling Fast Boot or, if you never user hibernate, try disabling that. Just launch a command prompt as Admin and run this:

powercfg.exe -h off

Paul_Craven, Aug 4, 2015
  3. H X
    H x Win User
    Screen Saver Windows 10

Have set my screen saver for 10 mins. However it starts after 1 min which is infuriating. No matter what I do nothing changes.

Initially after installing windows 10 all was fine but once I had changed the display for screen saver all went wrong. Have reset to default time / display etc. but nothing works.

Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Am a silver surfer who appreciates computer instructions in words of one syllable!!

Thanks

H.

4. ambimom Win User

This is happening to me too! I set it to 15 minutes and this morning it never came on. I checked and it is at 1 minute.

ambimom, Aug 4, 2015
  5. ronfiveo Win User
    I wonder if now days post CRT monitors if a screen saver is still needed to protect the screen any way.
    Maybe it's just not as important as it used to be.

Any one have any ideas or facts about this ?

ronfiveo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen Saver Keeps reseting to 1 min. and won't initialize . - Similar Threads - Screen Saver Keeps

2. Windows 10 keeps resetting my screen after 15 min

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my screen after 15 min: Windows 10 keeps resetting my screen to turn off after 15 min, i have changed this to never on all 3 of my computers and after starting my computers from either shut down or wake from sleep their back to 15 min. If it was one system sure, but it's on 3 different ones. This is...
  3. Screen saver won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen saver won't work: I have 2 new monitors LG 27GL63T-B on a GTX1660. Window 10 Pro v2004. Whatever the power scheme, they will remain on. In Device Manager. they show as 'Generic PnP Monitor'. On LG's site, I found 27GN88A.zip on LG 27GL83A-B.AUS: Support, Manuals, Warranty & More | LG USA...
  4. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

Black Screen for 1 min every startup: I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI logo comes up, then disappears like normal, but then i have a black screen for approximately a minute before i can see my lock...
  5. Multiple Screen, Disable screen saver for only 1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Screen, Disable screen saver for only 1?: I have 3 screens, is it possible to setup the screen saver to not effect one of the screens? Would like it to remain on but not the other two. Thanks submitted by /u/NearnorthOnline [link] [comments]...
  6. The computers initial screen won't show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computers initial screen won't show: Usually when you start up your computer, the initial screen with the manufacturers logo and options to enter the bios, etc... But on my computer, that won't show up, and windows just instantly appears without the previous screen. Without it, I can't get into the BIOS or the...
  7. Screen Saver Resets to 1 Minute - Here's What Fixed it for Me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Resets to 1 Minute - Here's What Fixed it for Me: OK so I see a few different screen saver issues around the forum and I couldn't say if they are connected in any way but here's my issue and what seems to be a work around of sorts that got my screen saver up and running again. SETUPS Clean install of Windows 10 Home...
  8. Disk 1 not initialized? (!)

Disk 1 not initialized? (!): I did a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit & now one of my hard drives has an issue. While on the desktop I could access the disk but it was very slow to scan & took several minutes. Once completed it seems to indicate all the folders but I could not access any of them....
  9. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...
  10. My screen saver keeps resetting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    My screen saver keeps resetting itself: My screen saver keeps resetting itself to one minute after boot up, and then doesn't come on till I actually reset it back to four minutes. This happens after restarting my machine. I remember this happened to me years ago in XP, but can't remember what fixed it. 16783