Windows 10: Screen saver not coming up after DoD Banner is disabled.

Discus and support Screen saver not coming up after DoD Banner is disabled. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, After windows 10 LTSB patch - Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16_095 - (KB3176492) , screen saver doesn't work, if dodbanner is disabled.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mana, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Mana Win User

Screen saver not coming up after DoD Banner is disabled.

Hello,

After windows 10 LTSB patch - Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16_095 - (KB3176492) , screen saver doesn't work, if dodbanner is disabled.

Note : screen saver being used is customized where in avi file is played after the screen saver time out.
    Also there are no code level changes that would affect the screen saver performance.

Please let me know what were the changes incorporated in the above mentioned windows update that might have caused this issue.

Regards

:)

Mana, Oct 8, 2017
  2. gmopro Win User

Will banner notification interrupt screen saver timing on Windows 10.

Original Title: Screen saver - Is this delayed by Banner notifications? - WINDOWS 10 PC

When the banner notifications pop up on the bottom right of your screen, does that reset the wait time for the Screen saver?

So if i have screen saver wait time set at 5 minutes and a banner notification for Mail App pops up 3 minutes from my last active move, then the screen saver wait begins from that time forward?

Please let me know and no guesses or I think so's please. Sometimes i get wrong answers so better to not answer if you dont know or at least say, i am not sure, but I think..

Thanks.

gmopro, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    Screen does not power up when receiving SMS

Unfortunately, the banner is what makes the screen light up. If you disable the banner, the screen will not turn on.

Entegy, Oct 8, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Do you mean the US Department of Defense banner that is displayed as part of STIG requirements?

lx07, Oct 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Screen saver not coming up after DoD Banner is disabled. - Similar Threads - Screen saver coming

2. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  3. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  4. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep: I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work....
  5. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep: I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work....
  6. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows screen saver disable itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows screen saver disable itself: I have this problem for 5 years, I have reported it a lot of times, I have formatted 4 times since it first happened and I have it in every system with windows 10 on it.I set up the screen saver because I want the computers to run the screensaver when they are inactive and...
  8. screen saver disabled

screen saver disabled: I've checked many times screen saver and power settings; screen saver is set to start at 4 minutes idle, and screen is set to turn off at 10 minutes idle while on battery and 15 when connected. I've also tried to check if there is any program that prevents screen saver to...
  9. Disable the media pop up banner on Windows 10?

Disable the media pop up banner on Windows 10?: I have seen this question asked many times, and every time the Microsoft helper just says it's Chrome. It is not Chrome. I already have disabled the Chrome banner. I am still getting the banner pop up for discord and other programs that play audio/video. I like the small...
  10. Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows How to Enable or Disable Screen Saver in Windows A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait....