Windows 10: screen saver "picture/s" question

Discus and support screen saver "picture/s" question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The pictures that are used for screen savers ,how can I learn where the locations of these pictures are, for example ... a picture of a lake surrounded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alok, Dec 18, 2017.

1. alok Win User

screen saver "picture/s" question

The pictures that are used for screen savers ,how can I learn where the locations of these pictures are, for example ... a picture of a lake surrounded by mountains ... where is this place ?
    Why doesn't MicroSoft make it so you can "rightclick" on the picture and it tells you the picture location ?

Al

:)

2. Screen Saver

I too love the changing screen savers - beautiful photos! But I HATE the questions and prompts that also appear ("How to Improve Yourself", "Where was this picture taken?", "Do you like this?", etc.) Seems like there's a new invasive "billboard quote"
    every time I open my computer. How can I make these go away? Do I have to lose the screen saver to get rid of the questions?

WilliamKerr2, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

That answer totally disables the screen saver. Duh ! Ever since the last update, my screen saver is doing what the first question was about. Turning off the screen saver is a sorry answer. When I set my screen saver to "Photos", it works correctly,
    but when I choose "Slide Show", that's when the computer will not "wake up" when I touch a key or move the mouse. I have to shut down & restart to get my normal screen back I really liked the way the "slide show" displayed my pictures verses the "photo"
    option. Fix this please ! ! !

CharlesPendleton, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    If not, @alok may be referring to the standard images included in windows, found in the C:\Windows\Web\Screen folder and used as the lock screen by default. The img103.png is "a lake surrounded by mountains"....

screen saver "picture/s" question [​IMG]

There's no information with any of those images, but others have asked (and been answered) - apparently that one is Lake Quill in New Zealand.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1dfd5e1?page=3

Some of the other stock images from Windows 10 can be found here, with information about their location...
    http://www.copelandred.com/windows-1...ka1sdsrw62ayg7

6. Philomena Win User
    I'm wondering since we have that same image.. is that picture ever changing for you? My image used to change at least daily it seemed and an option to like or dislike the image would appear also.. and if you moved the mouse around the screen you could also learn where the image was from (if you clicked on it, Edge would open once you logged in and take you to the search on the image). But now for the past week all I ever get is this image with the mountains and water posted above.. there is no more option for me to like it or dislike it (disliking would immediately change the image). The image won't change and i'm wondering why? I went to the folder where it is located and there are only 6 images in there, this one included. As those aware may know.. 'trusted installer' is the only one with authority to remove or change it. How do we change our lockscreen images or get it back to being auto change as before? I'll make a new topic if necessary, I was just wondering if the OP had the same problem of this particular image being the only one we get now.

Philomena, Dec 18, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @Philomena,
    That has happen to mine once or twice, Spotlight has always been a bit 'fragile'. I've been able to get it working again with this TenForums tutorial.

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. screen saver "picture/s" question - Similar Threads - screen saver picture

2. Screen saver question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver question: Regarding the screen saver photo that shows up before you log onto your PC, why is it when you say you like a photo, it disappears after a few times and never shows up again, but if you say "I'm not a fan" it shows up in regular rotation, as if you will somehow change your...
  3. Screen saver question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver question: Regarding the screen saver photo that shows up before you log onto your PC, why is it when you say you like a photo, it disappears after a few times and never shows up again, but if you say "I'm not a fan" it shows up in regular rotation, as if you will somehow change your...
  4. Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver slideshow misses pictures: Why does the screen saver slide-show keep missing pictures from my pictures folder. I have one folder containing multiple pictures approx. 33. However, the screen saver picks up only 10 pictures for the slideshow. To reiterate, all the pictures are of the same format and all...
  5. Screen saver question

Screen saver question: OK, I'll start by saying that I don't think what I'd like is possible but it's worth asking just in case. I have a computer (win10, latest version) in the shop that I use mostly for listening to recorded radio programs (1-4 hours long) while I work plus occasionally checking...
  6. Screen Saver question, Please

Screen Saver question, Please: Hello, Have some contradictory results in trying to set up the W10 Screensaver, so if anyone has a few spare minutes, would be most appreciative for any help with this. Will blame it on old-age now.. The line that comes up for the Screensaver says: Wait - Pull Down menu -...
  7. Screen Saver question, Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Saver question, Please: Hello, Have some contradictory results in trying to set up the W10 Screensaver, so if anyone has a few spare minutes, would be most appreciative for any help with this. Will blame it on old-age now.. The line that comes up for the Screensaver says: Wait - Pull Down menu -...
  8. screen saver question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    screen saver question: I do not want to be asked every day if I like this particular screen saver. I have answered dozens of times what I like. So how do I get them to stop asking and just use the preferences I have already indicated? Thanks...
  9. screen saver pictures out of position

screen saver pictures out of position: When my system goes into screen saver, the pictures are all up too high. The tops of all of them are cut off. I can't find a setting for that adjustment. What do I need to do?...
  10. Screen Saver Question

Screen Saver Question: Can you set the screen saver bubbles to draw over current background?, now when it comes on it has a solid background color?If you preview it shows over current background which is a picture. Z 25427