Windows 10: Screen Saver Will Sometimes State No Pictures In Folder

Discus and support Screen Saver Will Sometimes State No Pictures In Folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Build 10537 (64 bit) same was true in prior builds. I use the Pictures folder for a random slide show as a screen saver. Every now and then (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rivergoat, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Screen Saver Will Sometimes State No Pictures In Folder

Build 10537 (64 bit) same was true in prior builds.

I use the Pictures folder for a random slide show as a screen saver. Every now and then (I cannot intentionally duplicate the issue), the screen saver will start, go to a black screen, then state there are no pictures in the Pictures Folder.

This is incorrect, and in a screen saver preview, the pictures will display; and most often they also display during a normal screen saver engage. It appears to be a random glitch.

I also note that in prior Windows OS, such as 7, the pictures display immediately when the screen saver engages; in Win 10 the screen will remain dark for a longer periods prior to the pictures beginning to display.

Other screen savers, such as Mystify, begin displaying normally.

:)

Rivergoat, Sep 19, 2015

2. Background slideshow error n screen saver settings reset to "NONE"

1) win10 V1709

2) set background (personalization==>settings) to slideshow and pointed to this folder

a) I created a folder name windows 10 wallpaper (aka wp folder) and it only has ALL .jpg files (not even alternate like jpeg, etc, just jpg)

b) there are 2 extra folders that are empty within the pictures library, called "Camera Roll" n "Saved Pictures" These come with the OS, I deleted them 3x and they "came back" on their own despite I didnt restore from rubbish bin

3) set locked screen to also slideshow

4) set screen saver to photos chose wp folder

5) Power & sleep settings==> screen = NEVER, sleep = NEVER

I have tried the workaround for my slideshow for background and locked screen, so will report back whether I am still getting "cant display slideshow" error once in a while (sometimes it decided to work, sometimes not). This is the part i dont quite understand

========================================

CASE: Set screen saver to photos and choose wp folder FIRST

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

3) set background to picture, locked screen to picture==>screen saver to picture ==> works screen saver is still picture

Case: Set screen saver AFTER setting background and locked screen

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> background and locked screen reset to picture

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==>both reset to picture

3) set background to slideshow, locked screen to picture==>both reset to picture

* whether i set background to slideshow or locked screen to slideshow or both or one of them to slideshow, the other picture will get RESET to picture once i set screen saver to photos

======================================

million dollar question: Why system even seems to display screen saver sometimes when its set to NEVER sleep for BOTH screen and sleep settings?

and giving me the error "there is a error to display the slideshow" (or something similar)

====================================

what I have tried so far

1) creating another folder making sure its under "library" and copy ALL my wp jpg files to this new folder and set background and locked screen to use this new folder ==> FAILED. Tried 3x

2) currently i tried a trick that one user says work for him, set locked screen to picture, locked the screen, login, set the locked screen to slideshow ==> will report back whether this work or not as I dont locked my screen

YMLeong1609, Sep 19, 2015
  3. An error is preventing this slideshow from playing" using windows 10 & log in screen picture

version 1709 win 10, build 16299.248, desktop PC

Background & lockscreen settings

======================

background setting=picture (I selected a picture as background from Pictures folder which is a folder precreated with win10, under libraries main folder)

* previously someone reply to my query that slideshow is not working in win10, thus i have reverted back to picture

lockscreen setting=picture (I select a picture as lockscreen from Pictures folder)

Power & sleep settings

screen timeout settings=NEVER

screen sleep settings=NEVER

screen saver settings=photos (pointed to pictures folder), wait=10mins

slideshow speed=fast, shuffle pictures=tick

What I have tried and never succeed

1) delete the pictures folder from library then restore the library didnt work

2) create another folder under library then copy & paste those pictures

try to set background and lockscreen to use this new folder, didnt work

If screen timeout & screen sleep settings=NEVER why

1) is it having difficulties displaying the pictures (when screen is not active ) and screen saver gets activated?

2) screen timeout & screen sleep=NEVER why is screen saver triggered?

3) does "slideshow" error message refers to the slideshow effect for screen saver coz background and lockscreen are using picture

======================================================

Login screen picture showing MS spotlight picture

======================================================

I have chosen the locked screen picture, but on startup of PC it will show a picture from the picture folder which i have chosen, but sometimes a picture from MS spotlight series as picture that appears on login screen is NOT from the pictures folder and
    I didnt chose to apply windows template. This particular picture was the defaulted login screen picture since PC was first delivered BEFORE any customisation was done. This only happens sometimes and not always

YMLeong1609, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Screen Saver Will Sometimes State No Pictures In Folder

1. Screen Saver Will Sometimes State No Pictures In Folder - Similar Threads - Screen Saver Sometimes

2. Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver slideshow misses pictures: Why does the screen saver slide-show keep missing pictures from my pictures folder. I have one folder containing multiple pictures approx. 33. However, the screen saver picks up only 10 pictures for the slideshow. To reiterate, all the pictures are of the same format and all...
  3. Screen saver is not playing my pictures

Screen saver is not playing my pictures: My step father have pictures in his pictures folder of his Windows 10 PC. [ATTACH] When I go in screen saver, I select picture as my choice for screen saver: [ATTACH] If I click on Settings, I can choose what folder of pictures I wish to display: [ATTACH] I have...
  4. Screen Saver Photos not displaying pictures in subfolders

Screen Saver Photos not displaying pictures in subfolders: I just set up a brand new Win10 Pro computer version 1909 build 18363.836. I set up my Screen Saver to use Photos, and configured Photos to use my Pictures folder over 35K pictures across hundreds of sub-folders. When my Screen Saver kicks in, it rotates only through 4...
  5. PICTURE SCREEN SAVER/DESKTOP PHOTO

PICTURE SCREEN SAVER/DESKTOP PHOTO: I HAVE PUT ON A PRIVATE PHOTO AS MY DESKTOP-SCREEN SAVER. RECENTLY I DISCOVERED I HAVE LOST THE ORIGINAL PHOTO I HAD. IS THERE A WAY TO COPY OR SEND THE DISPLAYED PICTURE TO MY PHOTO ALBUM OR E MAIL TO SAVE IT? IN OTHER WORDS-LEAVE IT ON THERE BUT JUST COPY IT BACK TO THE...
  6. Cannot change my screen saver picture

Cannot change my screen saver picture: I physically cannot change my screen saver background. The button is actually disabled, does anyone know what to do or how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-my-screen-saver-picture/23883cef-2ee8-459e-b6b3-17c8a982fa41
  7. screen saver pictures out of position

screen saver pictures out of position: When my system goes into screen saver, the pictures are all up too high. The tops of all of them are cut off. I can't find a setting for that adjustment. What do I need to do?...
  8. Screen Saver will not show all pictures exclusivelyin full screen mode

Screen Saver will not show all pictures exclusivelyin full screen mode: I run Windows 10 Pro v1607 (Build 14393.1884). When I leave my PC idle for more than 15 minutes, a factory-set screen saver engages and displays a slide show of all the Wallpaper images in my Pictures folder. However, periodically it displays multiple images in tiled...
  9. Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo: I have my screen saver set to show pictures from several libraries. In Win 7 pressing the left arrow would display the previous photo. Now when I press the left arrow I sometimes receive an error message, "an error is preventing this slideshow from showing". Ran DISM and...
  10. screen saver "picture/s" question

in Windows 10 Support
    screen saver "picture/s" question: The pictures that are used for screen savers ,how can I learn where the locations of these pictures are, for example ... a picture of a lake surrounded by mountains ... where is this place ? Why doesn't MicroSoft make it so you can "rightclick" on the picture and it tells...