Windows 10: Screen Saver

Discus and support Screen Saver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all. I have Windows 10, 64 bit, latest updates/ build. This past week, my screen saver won't come on. I always have my screen saver set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pez, Mar 22, 2018.

1. PEZ
    Pez Win User

Screen Saver

Hi all.

I have Windows 10, 64 bit, latest updates/ build.

This past week, my screen saver won't come on.

I always have my screen saver set to come on after 1 minute of inactivity.

I've made no major hardware/ software changes to my system recently.

From some general searching I did on the 'Net, one of the culprits of interference of a screen saver not coming on is pending Windows Updates. But when I check Settings/ Updates & Security, there is nothing pending, I am up-to-date.

Another culprit can sometimes be a faulty mouse, in which the computer "thinks" it picks up movement from the mouse. I have an optical mouse, a Razer Deathadder; I checked the optical lens on the bottom, no dust or hairs blocking the view.

I even came across something saying to check your Power settings. Personally, I always have had my Power settings set to:
    Display: Never Turn Off
    Hard disc (computer to sleep): Never Off

I've done it this way for years with the screen saver coming on after 1 minute of inactivity with no problems. One of the suggestions of Power Settings is to accept Windows suggestion for it (something like 30 minutes monitor; 2 hours hard disc); it didn't help, screen saver still not coming on.

Is there a little test/ command line prompt that can be run to determine what may be interfering with the screen saver coming on?

For now, the only way I can get it to come on is after launching the screen saver interface, from the drop-down menu selecting a screen saver, then clicking on the Preview button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

Put a space between screen ans saver - screen saver.

Also go Settings, Personalize, Lock screen, Screen saver settings.

lacrumb, Mar 22, 2018
  3. I want a specific screen saver in Windows 10 other than those listed

Can I change the screen saver to a specific photo or gif? I don't want any of the screen savers listed under Personalization, Screen Saver Settings. There is no 'browse' option to customize the screen saver like in previous Windows versions.

WendyLiterski, Mar 22, 2018
  4. Screen Saver

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2018
  5. PEZ
    Pez Win User
    Caledon Ken: Oh my gosh, it's like you were psychic!! *Tongue

Yes, I have a Gigabyte product, my motherboard. It's an Aorus Gaming 8 motherboard (Aorus is affiliated with Gigabyte).

And with the link you provided, yes, same thing with me: I have the software program of RGB Fusion; it lets you control the color scheme of the LED lights on the motherboard.

It's weird, though; I've had this motherboard for about a year now, and this problem just popped up in about the last week or so; I don't recall making any changes to my system, though.

But just like the person did in the link you provided, I uninstalled RGB Fusion, and now my computer will display its Screen Saver. How about that!!

Thanks,

6. Bastet Win User
    I have my screensaver set to 4 minutes & since the recent updates it regularly doesn’t come on, I have to switch to a different screensaver, make it default & then switch back to the previous one & make it default again then that screensaver works.
    I originally thought the problem was due to MB finding a pup in the registry entry for the screensavers (Freeze) as it appeared to begin at the same time but having restored the entry from quarantine the problem occurred again.

Bastet, Mar 25, 2018
  7. Excellent. The original thread had the program, RGB Fusion crashing on start.

I would check with supplier for new version and if none available I would try an uninstall / reinstall.

Hopefully you can get the functionality back. At a minimum I would report to vendor.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen Saver

1. Screen Saver - Similar Threads - Screen Saver

2. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  3. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...
  4. League Display League of Legends Screen Saver is Stuck on a White Screen, All Other Screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    League Display League of Legends Screen Saver is Stuck on a White Screen, All Other Screen...: I set my screen saver to a special "league display" and know my screen turns white instead of the cool animation that is suppose to play. I can't find too much on the internet about this specific problem but It seems to be a problem with the league display app itself since...
  5. League Display League of Legends Screen Saver is Stuck on a White Screen, All Other Screen...

League Display League of Legends Screen Saver is Stuck on a White Screen, All Other Screen...: I set my screen saver to a special "league display" and know my screen turns white instead of the cool animation that is suppose to play. I can't find too much on the internet about this specific problem but It seems to be a problem with the league display app itself since...
  6. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  7. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  8. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working: In windows\system32 I find bubbles.scr, right click and send shortcut to desktop. When I click the desktop short cut I get the windows popup asking which program I'd like to use to open the file. I've had a screensaver shortcut on the desktop for many years and just today it...
  9. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working: In windows\system32 I find bubbles.scr, right click and send shortcut to desktop. When I click the desktop short cut I get the windows popup asking which program I'd like to use to open the file. I've had a screensaver shortcut on the desktop for many years and just today it...
  10. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization