Windows 10: Screen shimmers when using Windows 10

Discus and support Screen shimmers when using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My PC had a AMD Firepro V3800 graphic card when I did the upgrade to Win10 Pro (from Win7 Pro) via an ISO image disk. Shortly after the upgrade was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by xendistar, Aug 10, 2015.

1. xendistar Win User

Screen shimmers when using Windows 10

My PC had a AMD Firepro V3800 graphic card when I did the upgrade to Win10 Pro (from Win7 Pro) via an ISO image disk. Shortly after the upgrade was completed I had some graphic errors and when I checked the PC I found that the fan on the graphic card was not working (could barely move it by hand). So I purchased a new graphics card, an Nvida Geforce GT730, uninstalled all the AMD Catalyst software and installed the Nvidia software along with the latest driver (from the web site not the supplied CD).

Now while the graphics are much improved I keep getting a little shimmer running horizontally across the screen from time to time, not the whole screen just a narrow band. I know the monitor (Hanns G HL249) is OK as I use a KVM switch and the other two PC's that use the same monitor do not show this issue, it is only seen on my Windows 10. It was not happening when I was running Windows 7 so I don't know if this is a Windows 10 related issue or a Nvidia related issue or both.

Can anybody advise please

:)

xendistar, Aug 10, 2015

2. Bittersweet Shimmer update

Already Windows release their latest version GDR3., When Nokia release Bittersweet Shimmer ?

Ritwick---01, Aug 10, 2015
  3. sivasai0 Win User
    window 10 upgrade issue.

after windows 10 free upgrade from windows 7, my system is not working properly. Every few minutes the desktop refreshes. If i have opened a file it closes suddenly and desktop screen is shown and is refreshed. Even when no file is opened, the desktop
    refreshes or shimmer. What is the solution for this issue. I thank in advance for the solution giver.

sivasai0, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Screen shimmers when using Windows 10

1. Screen shimmers when using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen shimmers using

2. My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering: My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering, Dell changed Motherboard, CPU and did all driver and software updates , still the same, simply STAY AWAY FROM DELL, and their Tech Support is in India and they are very un-honest Tech Rep's....
  3. Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.: Every couple of days my Windows 11 Dell XPS 8940 desktop screen shimmers. Can't read words as everything shimmers. Maybe flickering is the right word, but a thousand times a second. The entire screen goes white, sometimes pink. I have Ctr-Alt_Del bringing up task bar...
  4. Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.: Every couple of days my Windows 11 Dell XPS 8940 desktop screen shimmers. Can't read words as everything shimmers. Maybe flickering is the right word, but a thousand times a second. The entire screen goes white, sometimes pink. I have Ctr-Alt_Del bringing up task bar...
  5. Windows 10 freezes on lock-screen when using a mouse first

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes on lock-screen when using a mouse first: HiI have an ACER laptop, with Windows 10. When I open it after a long time without use A few hours, a very peculiar situation occures:If I first move my mouse, then the computer freezes, and I must force it to turn off - by pressing the power button for a few seconds.But if I...
  6. Windows blue screen when using wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows blue screen when using wifi: HelloMy laptop crashes every time I'm using wifi connection, I know it's the wifi because it keeps disabling itself, it works for a few minutes and then horribly shows the blue sceen. I don't know anything much about computers, please help, online school is starting soon and...
  7. Screen blanking when using Zoom

Screen blanking when using Zoom: I know a lot of people are having trouble with this: I just bought a brand new HP all-in-one so I don't have to use my laptop for Zoom meetings, but the screen blacks out and does some weird jumping when I'm in Zoom meetings. My old HP laptop does not have this issue, so I...
  8. HIDCLASS.SYS bluescreen when using screen tablet on Windows 10

HIDCLASS.SYS bluescreen when using screen tablet on Windows 10: I have a Yiynova MSP19U screen tablet that I use to draw and have been using for around two years now. I haven't had any problems with it up until now, because at seemingly random I'll turn the tablet on while using the computer (watching YouTube usually), and when I put my...
  9. Screen change when keyboard not in use.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen change when keyboard not in use.: one minute after not touching a key or using my mouse the screen switches to my photos. Why is this happening and how can I increase this time. My sleep timer is set to 30 minutes....
  10. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shimmer on computer screen

2. how to fix shimmer on screen

3. hannsg shimmer

4. video shimmers on computer hdmi,
  5. screen shimmer window 10 fixes,
  6. screen shimmering windows 10,
  7. desktop shimmers when using apps,
  8. computor screen shimmers,
  9. laptop screen shimmers,
  10. windows 10 desktop shimmers,
  11. how to fix windows 10 screen shimmer,