Windows 10: screen sketch not capturing my desktop

Discus and support screen sketch not capturing my desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just discovered Windows Ink, and sketchpad works fine with my graphic pen + tablet. However, when I tried screen sketch although I could draw on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by badcrc, Apr 30, 2017.

1. badcrc Win User

screen sketch not capturing my desktop

I've just discovered Windows Ink, and sketchpad works fine with my graphic pen + tablet. However, when I tried screen sketch although I could draw on the desktop image, when I saved a png it only saved the ink not the background image. Any clues what I'm doing wrong ? Do I need to be signed in for Ink to work - I just use local account.

My pc is up to date - video drivers, CU etc. I haven't installed any graphic tablet driver - it just seemed to work. It might be a bit difficult find any tablet drivers - made by AGK and I got it in a bargain bin at the supermarket several years ago. I doubt it's a driver problem since I can draw OK.

Any suggestions welcome.

:)

badcrc, Apr 30, 2017
  2. RJrN Win User

Ink does not capture screenshots from other screens than the main one

When clicking Screen Sketch, the only screen captured is the main screen. I cannot capture screenshots of other screens connected to my PC.

-RN

3. the screen sketch of Windows ink cannot work, cannot paste the screenshot to any place

Since i install the fall creator upgrade, the screen sketch cannot work properly anymore, i cannot paste the screenshot captured by the screen sketch in Windows INK. It just keep pasting the text i copied last time!

Hope for fixing the issue

BaoRichard, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Krita Win User

Hm, I didn't used Windows Ink, does this software have layers? Maybe you have to select all layers (with background) to save it. with BG.

Krita, Sep 3, 2017
  5. badcrc Win User
    I'd forgotten about this post.

It was my rubbish old graphic pen/tablet that was the problem. I bought an entry-level Wacom (CTL 671 - about 22 x 17 cm £85 at Amazon) and everything works fine now. I find Ink really useful - I do a bit of 3D design using Cinema 4D, and use Ink + Wacom on my 2nd monitor for sketching out ideas, doing math equations etc. I've tried other software, but full screen Ink on a 27" does just what I want. Sometimes I feel like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory with his white board.

badcrc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. screen sketch not capturing my desktop - Similar Threads - screen sketch capturing

2. What is capturing my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is capturing my screen?: There is a yellow border around every focussed app, and a yellow line underneath the app's icon on the taskbar. I am aware this is a security feature from Microsoft. I can't figure out what is causing it / what is recording my screen. It is constant from startup to shutdown....
  3. What is capturing my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is capturing my screen?: There is a yellow border around every focussed app, and a yellow line underneath the app's icon on the taskbar. I am aware this is a security feature from Microsoft. I can't figure out what is causing it / what is recording my screen. It is constant from startup to shutdown....
  4. Snip and Sketch capturing itself

Snip and Sketch capturing itself: Does anyone know how to stop Snip and Sketch from capturing itself in a screenshot? I take a lot of screenshots in my game using it and lately its been leaving me with a strip of green and white at the top of all of them. Example: [IMG]...
  5. Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Capture with Alt-Print Screen or Print Screen using Snip & Sketch from HDR monitor...: I have 1 HDR monitor and 1 non-HDR monitor. If I capture from the non-HDR monitor, it captures fine, but from the HDR monitor, it looks like this: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004, using an Intel i7-6700K, an NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, and two displays, one...
  6. Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image: Hello there, im having at issue with "Snip & Sketch". When i start the application, capture an area it just stores the file at "%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip" After that it just shows the empty Snip &...
  7. Snip and Sketch capture resolution

Snip and Sketch capture resolution: Is there a way to raise the resolution of screen shots I take with snip and sketch ? 165996
  8. Screen captures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen captures: I recently bought a new computer, both the old one and new one have win 10. I've always used the screen capture key and I liked that the pictures would automatically be uploaded to one drive, but with my new laptop that worked for a few days and now every time I use it it...
  9. Snip & Sketch is slow capturing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch is slow capturing: As the title says, Snip&Sketch has for some reason added a lot of delay between me pressing the key combo and it taking the picture on the screen, it worked just fine in win1903 but i updated to 2004 and it takes it's time for it, so i can't get the picture just when i want...
  10. Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.: On one of my systems, S&S pops up after capture, but on this one it simply disappears. I looked for a setting, but I don't see one that makes the difference. It does put it on the clipboard, but I don't want to open another app to process and save the image. It used to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snip & sketch not capturing screen

2. wacom snip & sketch