Windows 10: Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen

Discus and support Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a odd problem that appeared once I started using new graphics card and display port (DP) cable. The problem is best understood when seen, that's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MasterChief8810, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen

I have a odd problem that appeared once I started using new graphics card and display port (DP) cable. The problem is best understood when seen, that's why I've added a picture.

As you can see the screen just makes a line down the middle and cuts out a portion, mabye 3 mm horizontal, and places it at the far left of the screen. The problem comes when I wake up the screen after going black. The problem is solved by turning off and on the screen.

I have 2x gpu. Main GPU is connected to the screen that has the problem with DP and the second GPU is connected to a second screen using HDMI.

Drivers are reinstalled using DDU and clean install method from Nvidia. Does not fix the problem. I have also tried reinstalling Windows 10.

:)

MasterChief8810, Feb 20, 2018

2. Split Screen

I can get it to memorize the size but not the center position. There is still a line down the middle of the monitor splitting the screen in half. So a larger size just is justified right or left.

I remember clicking somewhere to split the screen. I can't find that.

BarbaraBassett, Feb 20, 2018
  3. donybs66 Win User
    Red verticle line in the middle of the screen in Media software while playing videos, Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, the default media software playing videos has a red vertical line in the middle of its screen. How do I reinstall Windows 10. Think re-installing will get rid of that center line?

Original title: red line

donybs66, Feb 20, 2018
  4. Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen

I am unable to add picture. I don't know why. Here is the picture: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

You can see that the percentage on the processor is gone because of this.

5. Plankton Win User
    Questions:
    Why are you connecting 2 monitors to 2 different GPU's. You do realize you can connect up to 4 monitors to a single GPU.
    How do you have your monitors setup; extended, duplicate? What cables are you using to connect monitors to GPU's?

My big question is: What's your purpose for using 2 GPU's? Are they setup in SLI?

Note: DDU is for uninstalling display drivers not installing them. Hence the name "Display Driver Uninstaller". Never heard of "clean install method from Nvidia"

Plankton, Feb 20, 2018
  6. Helmut Win User
    These are just ideas.
    Temporarily simplify to just the main Graphics Card and the DisplayPort monitor. Is the fault the same ?

Swap DisplayPort cables to eliminate duff cables.

I would go to the Power Options, there is a ton of stuff in there regarding Sleep, Display etc, some of which may cause problems with certain hardware combinations.
    Create some other experimental Power Plans with some "maybe it's this choices".

I have never used DDU in 18 years of PCs with Nvidia graphics.

I recall reading some MS update stuff of some problems with various installed languages.

Helmut, Feb 20, 2018
  7. Plankton Win User
    This is a great tool.....it basically removes the GPU driver in safemode.

Plankton, Feb 20, 2018
  8. Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen

Yes, I know. The reason is because I mine from time to time on this computer. And certain algorithms can make the cursor and animations on screen very choppy. This way I can mine on the GPU/Screen I am not using.

Extended. GPU1 --> DP --> Main screen (the ASUS in the "my computer" description). GPU2 --> HDMI --> HP screen

Mining. No they are not in SLI.

I uninstall using DDU, and then install by running the driver downloaded from Nvidia websites.

When you install Nvidia driver you get the option in "advanced installation" to perform a clean installation.

9. Awesome. I will try this tomorrow!

MasterChief8810, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen

1. Screen splits in middle and adds a line to the left on the screen - Similar Threads - Screen splits middle

2. My screen has split directly in the middle. Any solutions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen has split directly in the middle. Any solutions?: My screen has split directly in the middle. Both sides work but I can’t see anything on the right side of the screen. Any solutions would be helpful please...
  3. Windows 11 screen split into two halves with a thin line in the middle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen split into two halves with a thin line in the middle: Hi all,Recently I'm facing a display monitor issue. My laptop screen split into two halves by forming a thin line in the middle, one side brighter color and another side lighter color. I have updated the latest drivers also but not finding a correct solution.Can someone help...
  4. Windows 11 screen split into two halves with a thin line in the middle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen split into two halves with a thin line in the middle: Hi all,Recently I'm facing a display monitor issue. My laptop screen split into two halves by forming a thin line in the middle, one side brighter color and another side lighter color. I have updated the latest drivers also but not finding a correct solution.Can someone help...
  5. There's a line in the middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    There's a line in the middle of my screen: Hi, I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7700 AIO Desktop 27-inch FHD Infinity Touch All in One. I was using it today when suddenly a line appeared in the middle of the screen. I tried to change the refresh rate but nothing happened and the line is still there and I think the...
  6. There's a line in the middle of my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There's a line in the middle of my screen: Hi, I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7700 AIO Desktop 27-inch FHD Infinity Touch All in One. I was using it today when suddenly a line appeared in the middle of the screen. I tried to change the refresh rate but nothing happened and the line is still there and I think the...
  7. Horizontal lines in the middle of the screen and blurred at the bottom of it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Horizontal lines in the middle of the screen and blurred at the bottom of it.: Please help me, My screen has horizontal line in the middle and blurred at the bottom of it, I tried everything I know to fix it but nothings happened. Update drivers, roll back driver, Network display, Uninstall driver adapters, still nothing is happening. Send help please...
  8. split keyboard obstructs the middle of the screen

split keyboard obstructs the middle of the screen: The split keyboard blocks the obstructs of the screen, making tablet mode hard to use. Why is it blocking the screen? I see no reason at all why the split keyboard just has a huge gray space that obstructs the middle of the screen. [IMG]...
  9. split keyboard blocks the middle of the screen

split keyboard blocks the middle of the screen: The split keyboard blocks the middle of the screen, making tablet mode hard to use. Why is it blocking the screen? I see no reason at all why the split keyboard just has a huge gray space that blocks the middle of the screen. [IMG]...
  10. White Line on Left Side of Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Line on Left Side of Screen: I bought a Lenovo Ideapad this year and suddenly this white line has appeared on the left side of the screen. It won't go away even when I go on full-screen videos on Youtube or Netflix. How can I make it go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...