Windows 10: Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Discus and support Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sui, Jul 14, 2017.

1. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

:)

2. Nan L87 Win User

Screen flickering after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi everyone,

I have a serious issue after I upgrade my Win 8.1 to Win 10 yesterday (Jul 29), and I'm wondering if anybody else has this or has a solution:

The upgrading process went well and after everything finished and the log in screen appeared, the screen starts to flicker. I tried to log in, but most of the time it just flickers and goes back to the log in screen. Sometimes the desktop shows up but keeps
    flickering and after 2-3s goes back to the log in screen again.

I restarted it again and again and it's the same.

Only in safe mode the screen doesn't flicker.

I uninstalled the graphic card driver, no use. I downloaded the latest driver from the manufacture and installed it, no use.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Nan L87, Jul 14, 2017
  3. EmillEBM Win User
    Windows 10 Boot Failure Werfault.exe

Hi

Im having the same issue on my laptop after running out of battery.

But now i am stuck on the logging screen with the error and i cant do anything​, i cant move my mouse.

After a while my mouse works again and i can press ok, but my screen start flickering without displaying icon or anything like that and after a lot of time it turns black.

EmillEBM, Jul 14, 2017
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Seems I can't edit posts...

Anyway I noticed that if I leave laptop idle for a while, or go for a few hours without using graphic-intensive programs like games, the flickering weakens and eventually stops. If I play a game, within minutes the flickering would come back (gradually).

5. jonnied12 Win User
    Do you have Hyper-V enabled? It causes my screen to do that when it is enabled on my laptop.
    It's a well known issue.

jonnied12, Jul 14, 2017
  6. SUI
    Sui Win User
    I don't really know what Hyper V is, upon googling it it seems to be only for Win 10 professional? So I wouldn't have it as I'm running Win 10 home.

Just checked in Windows Features, nope I don't have it.

7. jonnied12 Win User
    Something else you may try is to disable "Intel Virtualization" in your bios since you are running W10 home version. That got rid of the last of the small screen glitch on my Asus Q534UX notebook.
    Info link:
    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/every...on-technology/

jonnied12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while - Similar Threads - Screen starts flicker

2. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  3. Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering, but still responsive while flickering: The screen on my laptop intel i5 has been flicking randomly. It is still responsive while it flickers, as evidenced when I tap or click randomly, and the computer actually responds accordingly.When I shut the laptop lid and open it again, the screen is alright though.How can...
  4. While Working Screen flickered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While Working Screen flickered: While Working screen flickered, so I noted the time and saw the Event Viewer: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 09-12-2020 02:42:59 AM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  5. why Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in ?: To resolve this issue, please updateOffice to the newest version. Since the screen is flashing, you will need to do this using a command line. Please see this article for step by step instructions: Windows screen is flickering or flashing after logging in....
  6. Screen starts flickering

Screen starts flickering: My laptop was overheated and I think this caused the issue. Currently when I turn it on, the screen starts flickering. The apps are working and the laptop is working. But the screen is flickering...
  7. Windows 10 Black Screen Flickering After Log In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen Flickering After Log In: When I log-in the screen will flicker black every 5 seconds. This happened yesterday after the right side of the computer got really hot and I turned it off when I turned it back on and logged in it happened. Every time that it flickers black the mouse has the reload when...
  8. Screen flickering after I logged off and on agajn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flickering after I logged off and on agajn: A game of league froze while loading so I logged off and on again hoping to rejoin it, but when I logged back on my screen was flickering and I couldn't do anything as everytime I tried the action would be cancelled by a flicker. The login page or task manager does not...
  9. Screen flickers after it been on for a while

Screen flickers after it been on for a while: When I am editing a video or looking at youtube, my screen starts to flicker - cut on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickers-after-it-been-on-for-a-while/fca79f32-0e30-4691-a48d-97bee4749c24
  10. Screen flickering while gaming

Screen flickering while gaming: Hello, My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than it will go black, come back for a few seconds in awhile then do the same thing over and over again. The game is running in...