Windows 10: Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

Discus and support Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlekPetrovski, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue.

Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best way to describe what happens, its when something fast happens in the film like a somebody throwing a punch or the camera moves quickly it looks almost like the person is lagging, its not a smooth motion. Hoping somebody knows what im talking about.The card im using is a nvidia GTX770 and my Monitor is 60 hz.I didnt have this problem before on win 7 with Aero Theme. Now i did fresh install win 10 with 398.36 drivers with all updated drivers for Mobo,chipset ect ect. 2 days im on net trying and cant fix this issue i tried : Nvidia control panel Vsync turned : default, on , adaptive no fix , power management mode : prefer maximum performance, pci express link state power management set to : OFF , tried Google smooth scrolling off/ on Google hardware acceleration off/on. i tried all above and still not fix can some on help like i said ingame no issue at all on desktop/win10 and videos is the problem ... PLS some one Help!!!

Check this videos that i made to see my problem :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62wVjpIIes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coMkOc1ouVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clEzJyKj538

:)

AlekPetrovski, Aug 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Screen Tearing

I have a brand new Alienware laptop (6th gen core i7, 16gb ram, SSD) with all the latest updates, drivers, etc. running an NVidia 970M, WIndows 10, everything is perfectly up to date and I am getting screen tearing just watching YouTube videos. VLC plays
    fine, and video games work fine, just YouTube videos that are tearing very badly. Once again, before it is blindly suggested that I update my drivers - as of today, they are ALL up to date. I have ALL windows updates and I have Nvidia Geforce Experience installed
    with the latest video drivers AS OF TODAY. To me this is more of a bug report than a request for resolution because it looks like this problem is simply not fixed.

MatthewDell, Aug 5, 2018
  3. satelitko Win User
    Gigabyte GTX760 OC 4GB - Screen tearing in YouTube videos.

I get this screen tearing at the bottom of the top 1/4 of the screen. I don't seem to notice it in games, but it shows up on YouTube videos. I've tried enabling and disabling, in various combinations, triple buffering and VSync, to no avail. I'm one step away from replacing the card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it's the monitor, as I've seen it on my old Samsung monitor, and it's probably not the drivers, as they're the latest version.

satelitko, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Levande Win User

Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

Screen Tearing Outside of Games

New revelation - Screen tearing only occurs without a game / program (?) running in the background.

Also, I've used DDU to completely uninstall my Nvidia drivers and have installed the newest drivers available, but I am still experiencing the screen tearing only within browsers. Turning on Hardware Acceleration in Chrome does stop the screen tearing, but it also causes a ton of video errors when I watch live streams on twitch.tv, so that's not really a viable solution to my problem.

Levande, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos

1. Screen tearing on Desktop and when watching videos - Similar Threads - Screen tearing Desktop

2. Blue Screen When I watch Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen When I watch Videos: Every time I watch Netflix or YouTube and sometimes when i use the internet at all my computer blue screens and the error code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP I dont know what is causing this but it happens multiple times during the day and multiple times in a hour. Please...
  3. Blue Screen When I watch Videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen When I watch Videos: Every time I watch Netflix or YouTube and sometimes when i use the internet at all my computer blue screens and the error code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP I dont know what is causing this but it happens multiple times during the day and multiple times in a hour. Please...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Screen Tearing: Hello, thanks for reading. I just reinstalled Windows 10 because my last install was bloated, corrupted and a big part was I just swapped my old GTX 670 with a GTX 970. I have an issue though, I don't think this happened on my old install, but I can tell when I'm dragging the...
  5. Weird screen glitching when watching videos

Weird screen glitching when watching videos: My laptop has been acting very weird for a long time, and I have been unable to find a solution. Whenever I watch a video on for example Youtube, the screen will randomly start glitching out. This can happen after a minute or an hour of watch time. As soon as it starts...
  6. Green screen when watching a video

Green screen when watching a video: Hello, it must have been 2 months since I have empty green screens that appear randomly when I watch videos, whether on youtube, twich or netflix. However, I do not know that it comes from windows or the graphics card. There are several errors that appear at the time of the...
  7. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...
  8. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos.: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  9. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos...: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...
  10. Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen tearing Desktop and when watching videos: Hey guys hoping somebody can help with this issue. Basically when playing pc games i have no issues but when i watch any form of video on my pc (youtube,netflix,mpc-hc player) i get screen tearing, also when i try to scroll document in win10. Im trying to think of the best...