Windows 10: Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update

Discus and support Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I realised that after I updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), I received screen tearing when I played on games like Garry's Mod.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IzzyD, Nov 18, 2017.

1. IzzyD Win User

Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update

Hi. I realised that after I updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), I received screen tearing when I played on games like Garry's Mod. This had not happened before the update, and I now have to turn V-Sync on to play games. I updated my graphics driver with no resolve. I read about turning off the integrated game DVR and game bar, but I am not sure if I have done it correctly or if it has helped me at all, as I still receive game tearing. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

IzzyD, Nov 18, 2017

2. Windows Update Messed up Graphics card

When the update for the Fall Creators update rolled around in late October, it adversely affected my graphics card/drivers GTX 1060 6GB. i used to be able to play many games at 1080p60fps with no problem. now when i play games, there is terrible screen
    tearing that hasnt been able to be fixed with driver updates and normal troubleshooting. all of my games experience horrible horizontal screen tearing, which makes playing games unbearable. i have tried to revert to the previous update, but i think i am unable
    to do so. if maybe there was a link the post-Fall Creators Update which i could install, i would greatly appreciate that. if not, i guess i will not be playing any games until the graphics driver updates are addressed.

WilStallmann, Nov 18, 2017
  3. WildSnake Win User
    Forza Horizon 3 will not Start when booted up

I have the same problem, my game doesn't start anymore :-( (by the way I never had problems downloading it)

1. It started happening after the Fall Creators Update.

2. Yes, I downloaded it from the Windows Store.

3. No, only the Fall Creators Update.

4. No, it is the only game that doesn't work.

I run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps but the game is still not starting, it closes after the splash screen and the very first screen with the disclaimer :-(

WildSnake, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

I would install the latest GPU driver, ideally one which claims support for the FCU.

Steve C, Nov 19, 2017
  5. IzzyD Win User
    IzzyD, Nov 19, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Screen tearing is due to more than one frame displaying at the time, which is why V-sync works.
    It means your graphics iGPU is rendering more than say 60 fps(Monitor refresh rate). In other words it's too fast.

So increase the Graphics effects in the game to slow down the fps.

Turning on the Game DVR should have a small slowing effect as well.

It's a recent graphics driver, that won't be the problem.

I know this may sound counter intuitive but it means it's working better than before with increased fps in the games.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update - Similar Threads - Screen tearing games

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. windows creators fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows creators fall update: Hey.i was just wondering.how come I haven't got the new creators fall update???I went to download it manually but on the website there only is the creators original update 95658
  4. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  5. Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update: Don't know whats going on... I tried updating to the Fall update a few times... Only to get my screen to look like this... Every single time lol and not sure how to fix this... I had to go back to previous updates in order to fix this issue. [img] [img] 96528
  6. Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen tearing on games after Windows Fall Creator's Update: Hi. I realised that after I updated to Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.19), I received screen tearing when I played on games like Garry's Mod. This had not happened before the update, and I now have to turn V-Sync on to play games. I updated to the latest graphics...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....