Windows 10: Screen timeout being overridden?

Discus and support Screen timeout being overridden? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set my screen to turn off at 2 minutes while plugged in and also on battery. I've tried other times, but nothing changed. After the alotted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rabidpencil, May 14, 2016.

1. Screen timeout being overridden?

I have set my screen to turn off at 2 minutes while plugged in and also on battery. I've tried other times, but nothing changed. After the alotted time, it goes blank, but immediately comes back on. I've tried changing the times, tried it unplugged, tried to use sleep mode at the same threshold, but nothing works. I thought it might be my external monitor, but even with that unplugged nothing works. Powercfg -requests gives me "None" under every category. Powercfg -energy gives me a warning about USB selective suspend, but even with my external hard drive disconnected I get the same results. I bought this laptop with Windows 8. It worked as desired through upgrading to 8.1, but with 10 it does not. There are no display driver updates from ASUS. Since it's not sleep mode that's the problem (I THINK), there are no reports in event viewer, and last wake is when I opened the lid.
    I want the screen off, but I'm not asking for it to go to sleep (unless I can keep my external HD awake, which TBH I don't know is possible). I don't mind closing the lid occasionally, but I run Plex (with the external HD) before going to sleep and I'd like to have my screen turn off without Plex losing connection to my server. I believe I've given all the relevant info, and when I registerred I entered some info about my laptop (but I don't know how easy it is to access). Thanks for any help.

:)

rabidpencil, May 14, 2016

2. Windows Phone Lock Screen

Hello,

In the Windows Phone settings, you can change the lock screen to timeout in the range of 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Is it possible to change the lock screen to timeout for longer than that or to never timeout? Thanks.

vaxvms7860, May 14, 2016
  3. Windows screen timeout at a certain time (5min approx) screen goes blank.

after upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10,windows screen timeout at a certain time (5min approx) screen goes blank.

despite of making all timeout options "screen timeout" to ''NEVER" from power option of my notebook this problem happening repeatedly.

i am using hp p029tx model laptop. please help

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Original Title: screen timeout problem

ChirantanChakraborty, May 14, 2016
Thema:

Screen timeout being overridden?

1. Screen timeout being overridden? - Similar Threads - Screen timeout being

2. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  3. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Timeout: Set my screen timeout setting to never but it continues to return to login screen when not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/922a0121-8016-481f-9e30-2d1706bfea99
  4. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly: I would do ANYTHING at this point to disable Automatic Windows Updates. I have no idea how to do so, and clearly this program is not the answer. I have turned off the option for a Windows Update frequently within O&O Shutup10, but a few days pass and I get the unavoidable...
  6. Screen timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen timeout: my screen times out in 1 minute? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-timeout/09d0bb22-1a16-4f0b-b02d-0960081325c9
  7. Network settings being overridden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network settings being overridden: I have Windows 10 Home Vers1909 Build 18363.657 I am trying to access my home network and not suceeding. I have tried all of the suggested tips and tricks to no avail, but one thing really puzzles me. If I open Network & Sharing centre and go to Advanced sharing options...
  8. Default app being overridden by windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default app being overridden by windows 10 updates: If it's interfering with choosing Default App then see here to Restore the Default File Assocation: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8703-restor... Your response to a related question. Why would you tell someone how to restore the default app when they're trying to AVOID...
  9. Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Timeout: Just got new computer for work with Windows 10 Pro I believe. No matter how many articles and advice posts I read and try, my screen locks out in 2 minutes and you have to log back in. Someone please help, this makes me want to choke someone out all day...
  10. Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application .exe icon being overridden by shortcuts icon.: Hello, I have a WPF application which take different command line arguments to start in different modes. I have create two shortcuts for my application executable taking different arguments and having different shortcut icons which are embedded as Win32 resource in...