Windows 10: Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

Discus and support Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My monitor turned black and became unresponsive. My PC created a LiveKernelReport but I do not know how to interpret it. Appreciate if someone can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Siang_1990, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

My monitor turned black and became unresponsive. My PC created a LiveKernelReport but I do not know how to interpret it. Appreciate if someone can point out the problem so that I can fix it.

Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD) [​IMG]

:)

Siang_1990, Aug 26, 2018
  2. DRDNA Win User

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

I dont think that Minidump is going to be of help as all the dates are too far in the past to be useful. Go to Event Viewer/ Windows Logs / then check Application for errors and and Windows for error that happen just before the time of BSOD, post screen shots of the errors listed! Thank you and welcome to TPU!*I Love TPU :lovetpu:

EDIT: Curious to what GPU's you tested in said PC that are working right now with no issues?

DRDNA, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD)

1. Screen turned black and crashed (No BSOD) - Similar Threads - Screen turned black

2. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  3. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD/Black Screen crashing: Hello!I've been stuck with weird BSODs and Black screens for around 3 months now whenever the computer is under heavy load while for example playing games. I can usually play a game for around 5-30 minutes before a crash occurs and then the computer will restart back to the...
  4. BSOD/Black Screen crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  6. Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...

Hardware error, PC crashes turn black screen and when turning it display black screen with...: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff800cbd735050Parameter 2: fffff804982463a0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22631Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  7. Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?: When playing games I am getting random black screen crashes where the computer becomes unresponsive, but the sound continues to work. The screen stays black until I manually restart the computer. I've only managed to get a single dump file from waiting for the PC to restart...
  8. Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?

Windows 11 Black Screen Crash BSOD?: When playing games I am getting random black screen crashes where the computer becomes unresponsive, but the sound continues to work. The screen stays black until I manually restart the computer. I've only managed to get a single dump file from waiting for the PC to restart...
  9. Screen Turns Black and Application crashes

Screen Turns Black and Application crashes: Hello, I have a Problem. Whenever I use Unity Game Dev Engine and start a Project its really laggy and when i use it a few secods the Screen turns black for around 1 second. When i see something again The Unity Window is white and i can't use it anymore. It also crashed a...
  10. Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black

Windows 10 crashing no BSOD, screen just turns black: Pc just turns off and restarts when i'm in the middle of something. So far i think it's only happened when i play a game. My videocard is the radeon hd 7850, and i'm on the newest catalyst drivers. In eventviewer i see a event for usermodepowerservice happening followed by a...