Windows 10: Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes

Discus and support Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i have freshly formatted my computer, installed all the updates and drivers, i have also RMA'd my video card (which i thoroughly tested and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Widdower, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Widdower Win User

Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes

Hi, i have freshly formatted my computer, installed all the updates and drivers, i have also RMA'd my video card (which i thoroughly tested and found it works fine on other computers.) but i cant figure out why my screen goes black but the computer keeps running. I can hear my music still playing and i run a dual monitor setup but when my screen goes black both monitors keep bouncing around the "Analog / Digital" box and thats all i can see, i have tested the monitors on other computers and they work fine as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

:)

Widdower, Sep 21, 2015

2. 6233 screen lights up

My personal settings :

active stand-by modus : OFF

energy saving modus : ON

sleeping modus : ON

screensaver : OFF

After 15 seconds my screen turns black and displays only the time. After exactly 2 minutes the screen lights up to full screen mode. It's turning black again after 15 seconds.etc...etc..

It's very annoying for the battery life and at night.

HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ???...

Thanks.

heisa---01, Sep 21, 2015
  3. wmh90 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary 1607 USB\Ethernet\Wi-fi too much slow

DESKTOP

I thought it worth mentioning that after ~5 hours of work (Adobe Creative Cloud use, Chrome, Thunderbird and other programs) my desktop is taking 5 to 15 minutes to shut down.

It is not installing any updates and right after I click on Shut Down button, the screen goes black but it keeps running for at least 5 more minutes until complete turn off.

Last night it took about to 15 minutes to turn off, I think that this is not a normal behavior and worth mentioning.

Thanks!

wmh90, Sep 21, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Check your Power Settings, go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options, and check "Change Plan Settings" - Where it says "Turn off the Display" make sure that it is set to "never".

Even if you have Music playing, if you have the screen assigned to turn off after a period of time, it will. I usually use a screensaver instead.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Widdower Win User
    I have done all this turned all power saving options off completely, no hibernate/sleep mode enabled, no screensaver or anything.

Widdower, Sep 23, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Hi! Can you post a screenshot of all your power settings? Details.

f14tomcat, Sep 23, 2015
  7. Widdower Win User
    i have everything set to never i have checked that 1000 times to make sure.

Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes [​IMG]

Widdower, Sep 23, 2015
  8. Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes

Do you have the extra power cable plugged into the graphics card?

nigelmercier, Sep 23, 2015
  9. Widdower Win User
    I have dual monitors but i have tested with just 1, and have even switched them. No change.

Widdower, Sep 23, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    I see. Check vid driver updates. If you have ALL set to NEVER turn off..... it should not.

f14tomcat, Sep 23, 2015
  11. Widdower Win User
    I have already updated all my drivers including video card.

Widdower, Sep 23, 2015
  12. Perhaps you overlooked my post #6?

nigelmercier, Sep 23, 2015
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Sorry, but not sure who "you" is?

f14tomcat, Sep 23, 2015
  14. Philgo Win User
    I'd be inclined to check the power supply, I had a similar problem once. My other symptom at the time was a low voltage to the USB sockets, which caused lots of problems with external USB hard drives.

Philgo, Sep 23, 2015
  15. Widdower Win User
    No i only have the 2 cables plugged in 1 for each of my monitors.

Widdower, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes - Similar Threads - Screen Turns Black

2. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome Screen > 15 minutes: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Pro User. Here's my specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎17-‎Sep-‎21 OS build...
  3. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome Screen > 15 minutes: Hi, I'm a Windows 10 Pro User. Here's my specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎17-‎Sep-‎21 OS build...
  4. Welcome Screen > 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Screen turns black after 10 ~ 15 minute of using

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black after 10 ~ 15 minute of using: It happened yesterday, I turned my PC on, used it for 10 ~ 15 min, and it started to freeze. I thought it was my GPU so I removed it and continued to start my PC again. Without GPU, my screen not freeze but completely black. At this time I cant restart, everything black but...
  6. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  7. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  8. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  9. Black screen for minutes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen for minutes?: Hello I have a very annoying issue. My system is taking forever to get to the lock in screen, I have black screen for a very long time! My security is: Bitdefender Total Security+Heimdal(Thor)Pro & Voodoo-Shield Pro. My Maintance Programs: WiseCare 365 Pro+Ccleaner Pro Plus....
  10. Black Screen from sleep, immediately or upto 15 minutes later

Black Screen from sleep, immediately or upto 15 minutes later: When waking system from sleep/hibernate, after about 2-15 minutes, screen goes black. All LEDs inside case are still lit, sometimes the keyboard and mouse LEDs will go out, other times they stay lit. System doesnt appear to respond to input. Have tried unplugging the HDMI...