Windows 10: screen turns black after signing in

Discus and support screen turns black after signing in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shairah, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Shairah Win User

screen turns black after signing in

im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it?

:)

Shairah, Aug 22, 2017

2. Black Screen with Cursor After December Update

Hi,

Do you get the black screen before or after signing in to Windows? Black screens are usually caused by corruptions in the system. To address this, see
    this article on how to troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors in Windows.

Let me know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Aug 22, 2017
  3. MetroDog Win User
    Windows 10: Critical Error - Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

I can't do that because after following the instruction to sign out the screen went black and I can't do anything, not even turn it off.

MetroDog, Aug 22, 2017
  4. screen turns black after signing in

Hi Shairah. Welcome to the TenForums @Shairah

Could be a display driver issue. You said it will boot and then dies. Boot and in Cortana type reliability History. Click on the app. There are likely some red x's. Clcik on one and see the description below as to what caused it. If you have phone snap a quick picture so you can read after it crashes.

If this happens to fast then I would try to enter the Advance Start Up options and head to Safe Mode. To start the process hold the shift key down and click restart.

Here is the tutorial

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Hopefully you will have more time to perform steps and see what is causing.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 24, 2017
Thema:

screen turns black after signing in

1. screen turns black after signing in - Similar Threads - screen turns black

2. Black screen after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning on the PC: So basically I am having a black screen after turning on my PC and I cannot do any shortcuts of keys that I found on the internet like CTRL+WIN+SHIFT+B and CTRL+ALT+DEL. I tried every method but it's didn't work pls help...
  3. Black screen after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after turning on the PC: So basically I am having a black screen after turning on my PC and I cannot do any shortcuts of keys that I found on the internet like CTRL+WIN+SHIFT+B and CTRL+ALT+DEL. I tried every method but it's didn't work pls help...
  4. Black Screen after turning on HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after turning on HDR: I recently got a new monitor that had HDR support, so I just went ahead and turned on HDR under display settings and that's it. The screen is fully black. I restarted the PC and the display goes black right after windows logo during boot. When I disconnected the new monitor...
  5. Black screen after turning the laptop on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after turning the laptop on.: So i used my laptop normally and i closed it and it went into sleep mode.After that it randomly turned on and i opened it and saw the screen is black and i closed it again and it turned off.Now when i try to turn it on its just a black screen the fans are on and everything...
  6. Black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing in: I found some things online to possibly fix the problem but I can't try them yet so I'm wondering if I can get confirmed help from people who have had this problem before because this has never happened to me. Picture Thanks submitted by /u/SnooMacarons6339 [link]...
  7. Black Screen after turning on the PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen after turning on the PC: I turned on my Windows 10 laptop and everything turned on except for the screen. I can’t open task manager or anything else I know of that would help. ***Original Title: Activation***...
  8. Black Screen after sign in again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen after sign in again: So this has happened to me before and I made a post about it. Today it happened again but this case is different. So after entering my password it a blue screen appears saying "Please Wait" and then the screen goes black. What's different today is that, I can access the task...
  9. Black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after signing in: I was trying to sign in to windows after an update but after 10 seconds it just gives me a black screen. I've tried refreshing the screen, I cant open task manager even after doing ctrl + alt + del, and I've tries launching in safe mode but it just makes my sign-in screen...
  10. Black Screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after signing in: My laptop recently undergone an update and it did not finish completely. During the update, my screen turned black and there was a box which says "Personalized Settings". I decided to turn off my computer and when i signed back in, it brought me to a black screen (with...