Windows 10: screen turns black after signing in

Discus and support screen turns black after signing in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shairah, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Shairah Win User

screen turns black after signing in

im having problems with my laptop. i just have installed windows 10. after signing in, few minutes later the screen suddenly turns black and restart again. what should i do to fix it?

:)

Shairah, Aug 22, 2017

2. Black Screen with Cursor After December Update

Hi,

Do you get the black screen before or after signing in to Windows? Black screens are usually caused by corruptions in the system. To address this, see
    this article on how to troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors in Windows.

Let me know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Aug 22, 2017
  3. MetroDog Win User
    Windows 10: Critical Error - Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

I can't do that because after following the instruction to sign out the screen went black and I can't do anything, not even turn it off.

MetroDog, Aug 22, 2017
  4. screen turns black after signing in

Hi Shairah. Welcome to the TenForums @Shairah

Could be a display driver issue. You said it will boot and then dies. Boot and in Cortana type reliability History. Click on the app. There are likely some red x's. Clcik on one and see the description below as to what caused it. If you have phone snap a quick picture so you can read after it crashes.

If this happens to fast then I would try to enter the Advance Start Up options and head to Safe Mode. To start the process hold the shift key down and click restart.

Here is the tutorial

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Hopefully you will have more time to perform steps and see what is causing.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 24, 2017
Thema:

screen turns black after signing in

1. screen turns black after signing in - Similar Threads - screen turns black

2. Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen: I've been having this problem from the 1809 update of oct 2018. This problem is annoying me so much. I've tried all the solutions that microsoft suggested but no luck. I'll be getting the black screen with the cursor on for like 8 to 15 seconds. Please if anyone facing the...
  3. Screen turns black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen turns black: I can be on my laptop then all of a sudden the screen would turn black and it will stay like that. Or when it is in hibernation mode I can't wake it up. I have a Acer Es1-533-c3vd is runs on windows 10. For example I can be writing an email then, a light will flicker and...
  4. Windows 10 black screen after signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after signing in: After sighning in my pc goes black screen. I tried using task manager and run explorer.exe but i doesn't work.although after waiting 11 hours or more it loads in most of the stuff,but still lags upon clicking anything....
  5. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4
  6. screen turned black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen turned black: composing email screen turned black win 10 hotmail outlook---anyone know why & if I should do anything about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/screen-turned-black/f3795471-fd6a-4f6a-81d1-468ce905e7c8
  7. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black after 30 seconds: I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the...
  8. Sign in black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in black screen: Hi... successfully installed 1803 yesterday after 5 days... :-) This morning, powered on entered the password and was informed it was incorrect...! checked the password on my other devices it was correct... tried it on the laptop again it refused and went to black screen..!...
  9. Black screen after turning monitor off and on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after turning monitor off and on: Hello all I have a desktop PC, running windows 10 video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest) Dual Monitor : BENQ connected with Digital Port HP connected with DVI Problem: if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a...
  10. Black Screen after signing in

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after signing in: My laptop recently undergone an update and it did not finish completely. During the update, my screen turned black and there was a box which says "Personalized Settings". I decided to turn off my computer and when i signed back in, it brought me to a black screen (with...