Windows 10: Screen went black after update for Windows

Discus and support Screen went black after update for Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Screen is black. Power stuck on. This followed a Windows 10 update i signed on then briefly saw a "Cannot load personal settings before the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConstanceMiller1, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Screen went black after update for Windows

Screen is black. Power stuck on. This followed a Windows 10 update i signed on then briefly saw a "Cannot load personal settings before the screen went totally black.

:)

ConstanceMiller1, Aug 20, 2018

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Aug 20, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Screen went black after update for Windows

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Screen went black after update for Windows

1. Screen went black after update for Windows - Similar Threads - Screen went black

2. Windows Issue screen went black after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Issue screen went black after reset: Hey so yesterday I backed up my files on an external ssd and reset my laptop and the reset took 7 hours but it was successful somehow and I chose to reinstall windows from local disk and after the reset everything was as fine as butter and I was normally using windows and...
  3. Windows Issue screen went black after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Issue screen went black after reset: Hey so yesterday I backed up my files on an external ssd and reset my laptop and the reset took 7 hours but it was successful somehow and I chose to reinstall windows from local disk and after the reset everything was as fine as butter and I was normally using windows and...
  4. Windows Issue screen went black after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen went black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  6. Screen went black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  7. Screen went black

8. Screen Went Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Went Black: I bought my HP Desktop All-In-One a couple months and it had been working great. I turned it on this morning, then left it for a few hours. When I moved the mouse to get the screen back on it stayed black. I checked the cables and they were fine and I put fresh batteries...
  9. After installing Windows 10, screen went black

After installing Windows 10, screen went black: After installing Windows 10 the screen of my PC went black. I can only use the Safe Mode and don’t know how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10-screen-went-black/2246d081-5477-47fe-af9e-2de8ff0cefd4
  10. windows 10 went black screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 went black screen?: I have win10 from the time it was released. From yesterday I experience system will not boot, it pass windows logo and then went black, after a couple of attempts it logs in win10 and works for 10 minutes, and screen goes black, no mouse cursor. Only I can do is restart...