Windows 10: Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT)

Discus and support Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new Dell desktop with Windows 10 Without warning screen will flash black a few times and then go black. Only way to bring back is turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adplusone, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Adplusone Win User

Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT)

Brand new Dell desktop with Windows 10

Without warning screen will flash black a few times and then go black.

Only way to bring back is turn off and then back on.

Happens maybe once a day....seems to be more on IE 11 but that could be because that is where I spend the most time.

It has happened when not on IE.

Dell has replace video card and then mother board...issue still happening.

Not a computer person...but would seem need to look at the OS?

Need help....thanks!

:)

Adplusone, Mar 31, 2016

2. Screen in black for Lumia 950XL

I have a Lumia 950XL. The screen went black and it's not turning on. i have reboot several times (on/off and low volume botton) and still not working.

the screen continues in black, it flashes like trying to go on, but doesn't work. The phone is still under warranty.

is there anything I can do?

AlejandroCortés, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Hawks18 Win User
    Nokia E7 - Software Recovery Tool Failed - Won't Boot Up

So, I recently purchased a brand new Nokia E7 from merchant on eBay...I received it yesterday, but the phone was very sluggish (simple processes took seconds before response). It was suggested that I perform a factory reset - I have done this on previous
    phones and felt fairly comfortable. Unfortunately, this removes much of the pre-loaded goodies (apps, shortcuts, wallpapers, etc.) and I then proceeded to use

Nokia's Software Recovery Tool

During the recovery process (80% complete), the phone shutdown and I received the "please reconnect" dialog from the recovery tool. I followed the instructions on rebooting the phone, but to no avail...now, the phone refuses to reboot and simply cycles
    the Nokia splash screen before turning off!

Current Status:

Nokia E7 will not boot up completely

Repro Steps:

• Power On
      • Device vibrates once
      • Phone turns on
      • Black screen with white "Nokia" logo appears
      • "Nokia" logo flashes several times
      • Screen goes completely black
    • Charge Phone via USB to PC
      • USB Charging Indicator flashes
      • Phone turns on
      • USB Charging Indicator turns off
    • Hard Reset (4-Button)
      • Device vibrates once
      • Phone turns on
    Any help on how to get this device to boot up completely??? I am at a complete loss here and Nokia's Customer Service is utterly useless! I called 3 times and spoke with separate Customer Service representatives, but they were all entirely clueless!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Hawks18, Mar 31, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Hi Adplusone. *Smile

Please fill up your system specs: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Take two tests ....

► Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

► Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Let us know the results.

5. Get Dell to replace the unit. Sounds like it's defective. Who knows what other problems are lurking.

Floridagal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT) - Similar Threads - Screen Flash Black

2. black flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black flashing screen: so a while ago l posted what l thought to be a discord issue, but now l think its a windows issue.. basically my screen would turn off/flash while playing on a certain game while on discord or only just using discord.. a few days back l decided to check power settings.. and...
  3. Screen Flashing Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flashing Black: My screen turns black whenever my mouse is over something that can be clicked. This only occurs after my computer wakes up from being asleep. If it has been powered down it is fine....
  4. Screen Flashes Black

Screen Flashes Black: My screen randomly flashes black for a few seconds, then returns to normal. Initially thought it was Firefox, but also does it using Chrome. No real pattern that I can find...seems random, sometimes going for hours without doing it and others multiple times in a row....
  5. at times the screen flashes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    at times the screen flashes black: We purchased a new computer a couple of months ago and it has Windows 10. My question that recently for some reason while using the computer the screen will flash black. it is only a flash and it doesn't stay black. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Is it with...
  6. Screen flashing black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen flashing black: Good day, I have recently started using my laptop and for some reason my screen will go black for a second and then immediately come back on when I press anything. I've noticed it happens almost every single time in Word whenever I drag two fingers along the trackpad, and...
  7. Black Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Flashing: Hello ! Now I am not sure if this is strictly related to windows , it's just a thought ... For a few weeks I keep getting black screen from time to time , it just lasts 1-2 seconds but it's annoying as hell . I've tried updating and reinstalling my graphic card but nothing...
  8. Flashing black screen

Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....
  9. Boot to flashing black and white screen...then stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to flashing black and white screen...then stopped: This is weird. I rebooted and the windows logo showed up but then it went to a flashing black and white screen. I rebooted a few times and the same thing. Then I tried F8 while booting (thinking that would get me to safe mode) and it booted fine. BUT, it didn't look like...
  10. long boot time with black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...