Windows 10: Screen won't show in Normal Mode

Discus and support Screen won't show in Normal Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this same problem since last Monday, September 18th and it triggered as it follows: I was watching random videos in youtube on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SLENDER RISING, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Screen won't show in Normal Mode

Hi, I've been having this same problem since last Monday, September 18th and it triggered as it follows:
    • I was watching random videos in youtube on full-screen while a Malwarebytes Full Scan for malware ran in the background, as well as Blender with a file open, which I was editting constantly while I watched the vids.
    • I got called for dinner and pressed space bar and escape, to pause and quit the full-screen mode, as it has caused a lot of glitches with the screensaver since forever.
    • The screen froze and then went completely black, still emitting the light of a powered-on screen, not reacting to anything.
    • I waited for about five minutes before forcing a power off by holding the button in my CPU. Then powered it back on.
    • Introduced the BIOS password to access the OS.
    • Windows 10 logo showed and then the screen went black again.
    • I forced a system crash to get the blue "Your system didn't start well" screen. Then headed to Startup options.
    • Restarted and chose "Safe mode with web access".
    • The log in screen did show up.
    • tried again with the "Normal Mode", or a normal startup, just to be greeted with the same black screen.
    • I then noticed the red HDD LED light stopped blinking whenever that happened, and my mouse dc'd, only when running in normal startup.
    Starting from step 5, this has been my cycle all the while since it started, and it is driving me bonkers. I have tried logging in blindly, waiting like 2 minutes for it to be 100% started up, and switching the projection mode, I tried unplugging everything until the computer showed the screen up, but both to no use.
    I tried restablishing a safety copy, just to be greeted with some bullshit of the last copy being made that next Tuesday, and then, on Wednesday, to be greeted with a safety copy from the same Wednesday, made when the PC was completely shutted down. ( aka 01:49:30 AM). In both cases, it showed as if there were no other safes.
    I also tried the sfc -SCANNOW command in System32, or admin, command prompt., but it doesn't kick in any .txt file and claims it couldn't detect an error.
    Could someone please help me understand the origin of this issue, and how to fix it if possible? As for the time this is getting posted, I am making a backup of specific folders into Google Drive, to then reboot the PC and all of its contents into a clean install of windows. But I will not do it until I know it is the only option.

Just for the record, I am listing below some of the specifications of my pc, according to dxdiag, which I hope help in any way:
    • Language:Spanish
    • System Manufacturer and model: "System Manufacturer" and "System Product Name"
    • BIOS Date: 04/28/2012 15:31:11 Ver. 3.05
    • Processor:Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.1 GHz
    • Memory:4096 RAM
    • Pagefile:2771MB Used, 3071MB available
    • DirectX Version:12
    If you need any other information, just let me know, and I'll try to reply as soon and accurately as possible.
    Thanks in advance, and have a good morning/day/night.
    PS: The OS is 32-Bit, as listed above, but the processor is 64-Bit. Perks of building your own pc, I guess.

:)

SLENDER RISING, Sep 21, 2017

2. Nokia N8 Screen Saver & Power-Saving Mode

My N8 deactivate the screen saver once the power saving mode is activated and it won't set the screen saver back to the normal after the power saving mode is deactivated.

SITI87hajar, Sep 21, 2017
  3. Hiffty13 Win User
    Can't display monitor in safe mode

So my laptops screen is broken. I use an HDMI to project my screen to another monitor. I have no issues with this when windows runs in normal mode. But it's in safe mode now and I can't see anything because it won't project in safe mode. I need help getting
    it to run in normal mode. I use windows 10.

Hiffty13, Sep 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Screen won't show in Normal Mode

Windows 10 10586 (1511) came out in 2015. We're a couple of major builds on from that now.

I'm wondering whether you've chosen to disable Windows update - or is your apparently rather old PC (looking at the BIOS date) somehow not compatible with later builds?

Particularly as it's an older PC with possibly an relatively old disk drive, please download Kyhi's boot disk, available from the top of the Software and Apps section here, create a bootable medium, boot your PC from it, run HD Tune (Health and Error Scan) to check your HDD (is it a hard disk?).

Please post a screenshot of the results
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks..

If your disk is ok, now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

Sorry, don't understand that. Are you perhaps referring to System Restore?

dalchina, Sep 21, 2017
  5. Oh, yeah, that's right, I couldn't recall its name. Editing that to clarify. Thanks. I'll do as I'm told
    That's accurate

Yes

could you possibly be more specific on that, please?

SLENDER RISING, Sep 21, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    bootable disk:
    - could be flash drive, an external USB HDD, a CD, a DVD - whatever suits you and whatever's handy.
    I used 'medium' as a general term hopefully to save typing.

Google can help:

Screen won't show in Normal Mode [​IMG]

Some people us e a program called Rufus to do it, but here's a recommendation from a forum member:
    Creating a bootable USB drive.

with thanks to @NavyLCDR
    To reliably make a bootable USB flash drive from an ISO file, do this:

Plug the drive into a USB port of a functioning Windows PC.

Open a command prompt.
    Run diskpart.

Once diskpart is running, enter the following commands in sequence:

list disk
    select disk #
    - replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    clean
    - this will erase the selected drive, make sure it is the USB flash drive!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    exit
    exit

Then mount your ISO file.
    (By default you can simply right click the iso file, and click Mount. However, Mount will not be available if iso files have been associated with a different program).

Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

(If stuck you can open the iso with 7-zip, a free program).

Discussion here:
    Reinstall Windows 10 from DVD but no DVD drive
    - includes content of flash drive.

dalchina, Sep 22, 2017
  7. Currently, .iso are associated to UltraISO, what could I do in this given case? Same proc?thanks in advance, will do this far for now

SLENDER RISING, Sep 24, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Does UltraISO provide a means of mounting ISOs? I.e. your using a 3rd party tool means mount via file explorer has been replaced.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen won't show in Normal Mode - Similar Threads - Screen won't show

2. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  3. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  6. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  7. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues: By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer Also it said that there was no default app to run it. And then I restarted my computer and then no login screen appeared after clicking away the time &...
  8. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues: By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer. And then I restarted my computer and then no login screen appeared after clicking away the time & date screen. This also happens in Safe Mode, and using...
  9. Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues

Safe Mode and normal user login screen not showing up + permission issues: By mistake, I denied my own permissions for my regedit's HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT keys and that denied me access to file explorer. And then I restarted my computer and then no login screen appeared after clicking away the time & date screen. This also happens in Safe Mode, and using...
  10. PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shows black screen instead of log-in screen in normal mode, but works fine in Safe Mode....: As the title states. The PC works just fine when booting into safe mode, but if I boot normally it shows a black screen right after the Windows logo (instead of the log-in screen). Failed GPU? SPECS AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Asus Prime B450M Asus GTX970 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V...