Windows 10: Screen won't start

Discus and support Screen won't start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Nothing is working. The computer is starting up but there is no screen.no keyboread.no mouse. I can't control anything I tried alot of things but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Dj199q Win User

Screen won't start

Nothing is working. The computer is starting up but there is no screen.no keyboread.no mouse. I can't control anything
    I tried alot of things but it won't work
    Help plzzz!!!!!!!!!

:)

Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Outlook Email not showing me how many emails I have on lock screen

It means the lock screen won't show more than the first 3 email accounts on the lock screen. The Start screen is unaffected by this.

Entegy, Nov 28, 2015
  3. cash710 Win User
    Unable to update apps

I have a very long and organized start screen and won't like to lose it. :|

cash710, Nov 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Screen won't start

Hi, sorry to hear of your difficulties. For anyone to help, could you please tell us:
    1. Has your PC ever worked with Windows 10?
    2. If it has, what happened before it stopped working?
    3. Or have you only just installed Windows 10?
    4. How have you installed Windows 10 - did you upgrade or do a clean install?
    6. Exactly what happens when you boot up?
    7. Do you have Windows 10 installation media?

Anything else that tells the history briefly.

Finally, please complete your system specs. (There is a tutorial on this if unsure).
    Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Dj199q Win User
    It did work fine with windows 10.
    I right clicked on the c drive and went to properties/security/ and I unchecked all of the allow checkmarks.
    So what happened is I think I locked my c drive so it sayed (NTFS) under the c drive.
    I restarted my PC and nothing was working

Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Do you have any disk images?

Very strongly recommended to avoid catastrophe and provide a way to get your PC back up and running exactly as it was when you created the image, assuming no hardware fault. Macrium reflect free, or Aomei Backupper free, + their boot disk + external storage medium.

How much would you lose if you did a clean install?

4. How have you installed Windows 10 - did you upgrade or do a clean install?
    7. Do you have Windows 10 installation media?

Finally, please complete your system specs. (There is a tutorial on this if unsure).

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  7. Dj199q Win User
    I don't have a dics image
    I upgraded my windows
    A clean install

Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015
  8. sn00ker Win User

Screen won't start

sn00ker, Nov 28, 2015
  9. Dj199q Win User
    How can I do that if I have a black screen .

Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi ignore the last two suggestions please...!!

Here's your solution (I hope- I've never been in that position).

1. Download a boot disk such as Hiren's or Falcon's.
    (A search engine is your best friend here)
    This runs a mini version of XP and will allow you to view your disk drives with explorer.
    2. Research using a boot disk with your PC. (Mine is BIOS- that's easy, but there are things you have to do to use a boot disk if your PC uses UEFI - I'll leave you to research that).
    3. Insert this boot disk and boot your PC from it.
    4. Open explorer- locate your Windows disk or partition, checking carefully it's the one that contains Windows. (Drive letters may be different).
    5. Reverse the changes you have made to the Security settings of that disk or partition.

Note: I make no guarantee of success- I've never tried this.

Aside: I'm sure there would also be a way of booting from a Win 10 installation medium if you had one, navigate to a Command Prompt, and do this by command line instructions. However I would have no confidence in doing this for what you need.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  11. Dj199q Win User
    What should I do then??

Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    Please see update above..

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  13. Dj199q Win User

Screen won't start

The problem is that I can't see anything on my screen and I can't boot from anything
    My drivers are gone with the c drive
    Keyboread .graphics .mouse every driver is in c drive
    So I can't ever boot from USB or CD

Dj199q, Nov 28, 2015
  14. dalchina New Member
    You misunderstand. When you boot from that boot CD

Windows 10 is not running

Thus your PC loads up in RAM software from your boot CD only.

Your PC does not run from your Win 10 installation because you have prevented it from accessing the HDD.

You will not be reading from the C drive when you boot.

Your alternative is to download a Win 10 iso, create boot medium, and clean install.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  15. sn00ker Win User
    You can also create a windows 10 disc DVD or usb stick and boot off it, then either do a repair or a system restore

sn00ker, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

Screen won't start

1. Screen won't start - Similar Threads - Screen won't start

2. Constant Blue Screens and Now Windows Won't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Blue Screens and Now Windows Won't Start: Hi, My pc is having constant blue screens for no reason that i can see. I opened windows memory diagnostic and set it to run on the next startup. I got another blue screen and it started running the diagnostic when it restarted. Waited 25 minutes for it to finish, pc restarts...
  3. Constant Blue Screens and Now Windows Won't Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Blue Screens and Now Windows Won't Start: Hi, My pc is having constant blue screens for no reason that i can see. I opened windows memory diagnostic and set it to run on the next startup. I got another blue screen and it started running the diagnostic when it restarted. Waited 25 minutes for it to finish, pc restarts...
  4. My pc won't start just freeze in this screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc won't start just freeze in this screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dwaian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbf2hl/my_pc_wont_start_just_freeze_in_this_screen/
  5. File explorer won't start and turns screen dark

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer won't start and turns screen dark: So I installed windows again a month ago and im recently having this problem that when I open a file explorer itself or using another program it freezes and doesn't even show the disk C and D the only folder I can open is one I've got in my desk submitted by /u/dabestjojo...
  6. icons on start screen won't work

icons on start screen won't work: My new surface pro 6 all of a sudden stopped working with the icons on the start screen...….My google Chrome, etc. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-start-screen-wont-work/a4e5354b-c5d4-46ef-b492-2fac834ff561
  7. Won't start up only showing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't start up only showing black screen: My laptop has decided as of this morning to not start up every time and when it does it takes over 10 minutes the majority of this time it spends with a black screen whilst the power light is on and indicating a full charge. I have already disabled some start up programs...
  8. Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start

Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start: Day as usual with Windows modern apps, calculator won't start, gets stuck in here: [img] It probably starts working if I restart, or kill some random modern processes (this fixes so many problems, my start menu if it gets stuck, starts working if I kill some modern...
  9. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start, stucks at black screen: I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10...
  10. Computer won't load past start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't load past start up screen: Hello, I'm new here. Sorry for posing another thread but I couldn't find one similar enough to my question. Anyway, my laptop began moving incredibly slow last night, like the cursor would hardly move and it sounded like it was running extra hard. I turned it off and this...