Windows 10: How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?

Discus and support How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The last update got rid of the screensavers from themes. I would really like to get this back. How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JetDh, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JetDh Win User

How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?

The last update got rid of the screensavers from themes. I would really like to get this back. How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?

:)

JetDh, Dec 16, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme? :)

terrace, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Themes in Screensaver in Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you download theme from Microsoft store, the images are stored on specific location, you can navigate to the location on Screensaver settings and select the image location to set the slide show image for screensaver.

Method 1: Set Windows theme image as screensaver.

Step 1: Locating the image files.

1. Press
    Windows + R key on your keyboard together.

2. Type in
    %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

3. Open the theme folder you downloaded and open
    DesktopBackground.

4. You will see all the images on this location.

5. Copy the path from the address bar.

Step 2: Settings Screensaver.

1. Press
    Windows + R key on your keyboard together.

2. Type in
    control desk.cpl,,@screensaver (copy and paste the command) and hit enter.

3. This will open the screen saver settings window.

4. From the
    Screen saver drop down select photos and Click on
    Settings.

5. Click on
    Browse and Navigate the path where we previously located the image or paste the path on the brows location.

6. Click on
    Save.

7. Click on
    Apply and Ok.

This will change the Screensaver to slide show of the image from the theme.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 21, 2020
  4. How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme?

1. How can I add screensavers back to my saved theme? - Similar Threads - add screensavers saved

2. Screensaver time not saving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver time not saving: I have a windows 10 computer and I have a problem with my screen saver. Whenever I try to change the time, it just goes back to the original time of one minute which is incredibly annoying. I tried turning the screensaver off but after a minute it just takes me to the lock...
  3. How can I change theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change theme: Is there any way that i can add other themes from the web and make them default theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-theme/4c9990d6-f519-4992-833a-eb7cf96c9490
  4. Themes in Screensaver in Win 10

Themes in Screensaver in Win 10: How do I use slideshow Themes from the Microsoft Store in the Win 10 screensaver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-in-screensaver-in-win-10/14e3098b-397d-4b47-b3e9-4bbe62578ad6
  5. How does one save a theme/make a theme?

How does one save a theme/make a theme?: So apparently at least for me this feature really doesn't work at all. When I'm wanting to save my current "theme" I notice that it says for the background is called Untitled (and the image I'm using has a name and isn't called that) curious to why it says that but looking...
  6. How can I add a new contact and save it ?

How can I add a new contact and save it ?: hoaw can I add a neew contact to yahoo mail and have it saved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-add-a-new-contact-and-save-it/f4cb4c66-f34b-45c0-a316-345fafb14c1b
  7. Win10 Pro 1709: How to Add .theme File to Themes

Win10 Pro 1709: How to Add .theme File to Themes: I may want to use desert.theme in Windows 10. Is it not possible to put that file somewhere (e.g., C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes) and get Win10 to recognize it? 124802
  8. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...
  9. Find the saved themes - how

Find the saved themes - how: Ok, I made a couple of themes, no problem with that but I neglected to make one of them a slideshow and can't find where to alter the theme itself. Start - Control Panel - Personalization only allows me to choose a finished one. I want to edit one and have no clue where to...
  10. How To Add Photos to Screensaver

How To Add Photos to Screensaver: I would like to be able to use some of my photos as a screensaver. I am unable to figure out how to do that. A reply to a post raising a question similar to mine reads: "When I right-click the Desktop and choose Personalize I get a panel with Lock Screen on the left...