Windows 10: screens scrolling by themselves

Discus and support screens scrolling by themselves in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I on using Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, os build 15063.786 system type 64-bytes. Since last Friday evening(Dec. 22, 2017) I have been having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gapch123, Dec 29, 2017.

1. gapch123 Win User

screens scrolling by themselves

I on using Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, os build 15063.786 system type 64-bytes.

Since last Friday evening(Dec. 22, 2017) I have been having problems with a lot of Windows apps. I using the mail app Window 10, when I opened emails to read them, they will automatically scrolled back to the top when I scroll down to read them. I can't make them stop from scrolling. I am having the same problem with 2 Microsoft games, Ultimate Word and Mahjong.

Also since Friday I can no longer use my wireless mouse. I had to go back to a wired mouse.

Help please.

:)

gapch123, Dec 29, 2017

2. Quarter size Circles in the screen take control of the mouse

I am having a problem with quarter size circles appearing on my screen that flicker. When they appear the mouse is out of control, programs open and close by themselves, the screen scrolls. I tried to get help from Microsoft Tech Support, they installed
    and removed spyware, cleaned programs that I did not use but the problem did not go away. Has anyone experienced this problem. It started to happen after I upgraded to Windows 10

Thanks

MariayPeter, Dec 29, 2017
  3. Icons changed by themselves

I customized the folder icons by clicking on the folder's properties then selecting the customize tab and changing the icon. I used new icons from the internet and the icons that I changed and the ones that changed by themselves were only from Windows Explorer.

ThomasOS_00, Dec 29, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

That would be a mouse issue.

bro67, Dec 29, 2017
  5. gapch123 Win User
    How can I fix this problem?

gapch123, Dec 29, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "since Friday I can no longer use my wireless mouse. I had to go back to a wired mouse."

That was first clue that it's a mouse issue. Try new batteries first, then try cleaning thoroughly. If that doesn't work, it's time for a new wireless mouse.

mrgeek, Dec 29, 2017
  7. gapch123 Win User
    I did put new batteries in both of the wireless mice I have, both of no longer work. I brought a brand new wired mouse thinking that this would solve the problem, but it did not.

Now what to do?

gapch123, Dec 29, 2017
  8. gapch123 Win User

Somehow I fixed it myself. Deleted old cordless mouse icon located in file manager desktop, deleted new optical wired mouse; unplug wired mouse, then I restarted machine. Then I replugged wired mouse and just like that no problems.*Biggrin

gapch123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. screens scrolling by themselves - Similar Threads - screens scrolling themselves

2. Laptop screen scrolls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen scrolls: When attempting to reply to a post, my laptop screen scrolls when I hit a key on the keyboard. My laptop is utd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-scrolls/63a0d0bf-4f8c-4928-a258-dc743e490397
  3. Laptop screen scrolls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen scrolls: When attempting to reply to a post, my laptop screen scrolls when I hit a key on the keyboard. My laptop is utd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-scrolls/63a0d0bf-4f8c-4928-a258-dc743e490397
  4. Favorites alphabetize themselves.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favorites alphabetize themselves.: Occasionally my favorites seem to alphabetize themselves. How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-alphabetize-themselves/029d294f-534d-4e6f-af31-d470c24a27c6
  5. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  6. Screen colors changed by themselves.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen colors changed by themselves.: My screen colours changed in a bizarre way and Pictures show up as ghostly shadows!Please advise. I want to get back to normal display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-colors-changed-by-themselves/d167d566-f546-4382-af25-b98bd09f58ae
  7. Photos 'replacing' themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos 'replacing' themselves: I have asked this question before, but I'm unable to receive an answer, yet. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Slim Desktop series 290. I notice that the pictures that I am saving in the Pictures folder suddenly get 'replaced' by some other file on my computer. When I...
  8. screen scrolls up automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen scrolls up automatically: I have a problem with scrolling. When I am on the browser and scroll down, the screen automatically scrolls up to the top of the picture. Please, recommend how I can fix it...
  9. Folders Resetting Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Resetting Themselves: This just started happening and since a reboot didn't fix it I'm stumped as to what is going on. When I have a folder open with enough files listed that I have to scroll through the list, every now and then, even though I'm still using the list, the folder resets itself to...
  10. touch screen scrolling

in Windows 10 Support
    touch screen scrolling: I upgraded to Win. 10 8/3. Everything seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then yesterday, the 5th, I could no longer scroll sites up or down by touching and moving my fingers up or down. The other touch functions still work, like going to links or sites, the 'click here' (touch...