Windows 10: Screensaver does not come on

Discus and support Screensaver does not come on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For whatever reason the screensaver doesn't come on, any ideas what might cause this? 14159 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WebMaximus, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Screensaver does not come on

For whatever reason the screensaver doesn't come on, any ideas what might cause this?

:)

WebMaximus, Aug 7, 2015

2. Screensaver does not display & Computer doesn't wake up from sleep

Original Title: Screensaver & Power

Screensaver does not come on and the sleep mde does not activate

MalcolmMoodie, Aug 7, 2015
  3. message to scroll on screen screensaver.

How come screensavers are so limited ??? In older windows, I think 95, we use to be able to have a scrolling text as a screensaver. How come does Microsoft now limit on Window's 10 the number and type of screensavers we can use. So not cool !!!

Robertstartrek, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Shane Win User

Screensaver does not come on

Wish I did, I have the same issue. Sorry I can't help, but your not alone*Smile

Shane, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear you have the same issue but good to know I'm not alone.

WebMaximus, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Shane Win User
    Fingers crossed someone will know how to fix it or maybe even Microsoft will fix it

Shane, Aug 9, 2015
  7. With lots of people having this issue I'm sure MS will address the issue if it is a bug of some kind. Especially considering such a basic feature as the screensaver.

WebMaximus, Aug 9, 2015
  8. d2thomas Win User

Add my name to the list of a person with issues.

d2thomas, Aug 11, 2015
  9. XweAponX Win User
    I am taking a poll, did you do the OTA update or did you use a Disk?

I'm trying to find out how many people with these rather severe problems did the OTA update vs using a disk.

XweAponX, Aug 11, 2015
  10. I first did the update since that was the only way updating my Win7 key to a Win10 key and I then did a clean install using the DVD I created using the MS Media tool.

Not sure if I had the issue after I upgraded and before I did the clean install.

WebMaximus, Aug 11, 2015
  11. vijaykhai Win User
    OVER THE AIR - meaning that the software/updates were automatically downloaded, without manual intervention. I hope this helps.

vijaykhai, Aug 11, 2015
  12. weinber37 Win User
    Screen saver and power settings (monitor shutoff and sleep) do not work. The screen saver preview does work. It's as though some device e.g. wireless mouse or keyboard is keeping it awake. I have disconnected both, with no success. These functions worked perfectly on Windows 8.1 prior to upgrade to Windows 10. Is there some app or program peculiar to 10 that is doing this?

Is this issue being addressed in the upcoming service update?

weinber37, Aug 12, 2015
  13. hattrik21 Win User

Have y'all looked through this thread and tried some of the suggestions? Linky

hattrik21, Aug 13, 2015
  14. I've seen that thread but still no real solution after 10+ pages

WebMaximus, Aug 13, 2015
  15. weinber37 Win User
    I just installed the latest cumulative update, KB3081438. Apparently, it did not address the screen saver problem. It's probably not very high on Microsoft's priority list with all the other problems being reported.

weinber37, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Screensaver does not come on - Similar Threads - Screensaver does

2. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  3. Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does this show when trying to apply a screensaver "this screensaver can't run because...: When I try and apply a screensaver it says "this screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that is compatible with Direct3DI prefer to use the time for my screensaver, and have it bounce back and forth, that is not an option on this Dell Snapdragon...
  4. I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...: I have a dell latitude laptop and i cant get my laptop to exit out of screensaver and let me sign in i can not get to the sign in page what can i do to get to windows...
  5. I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...: I have a dell latitude laptop and i cant get my laptop to exit out of screensaver and let me sign in i can not get to the sign in page what can i do to get to windows...
  6. I try to sign in to windows but my laptop just stays on the screensaver picture does not...

7. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  8. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  9. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Screensaver does not start automatically

Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen saver will not come on windows 10

2. screen saver does not comes of