Windows 10: Screensaver goes black while running

Discus and support Screensaver goes black while running in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each time my screensaver plays my photos, it runs for awhile then the screen goes black. How do I keep the photos and screensaver going? 20419 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siamese987, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Screensaver goes black while running

Each time my screensaver plays my photos, it runs for awhile then the screen goes black. How do I keep the photos and screensaver going?

:)

Siamese987, Aug 31, 2015

2. Minor Screen Savor Issue with pictures

My problem is related. On my DELL Notebook, the screensaver is unreliable. Sometimes it works, but mostly the screen just goes black, and at other times goes black while displaying the message "An error is preventing this slide show from playing".

I have other issues with screensaver on my HP PC, but I never see the above message.

Dj-Stevens, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Hagnr Win User
    Screensaver goes to black

I've read of a problem with transcoded wallpaper after an update in Windows 7. At some point 6 months ago or so my screen saver would flash the first picture and then go to black forever. I tried various fixes and figured it would be fixed in Windows 10.
    It's not! My power options are at full power with no saving features. The desktop uses the same picture library and changes every fifteen minutes. Finding the screensaver settings in Windows 10 required a search as it is not in the standard screen settings.

Hagnr, Aug 31, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Screensaver goes black while running

What time do you have your monitor set to go off ? By default it`s set to go blank after 10 minutes, totally normal, increase if you want, but that just puts stress on the gpu.

AddRAM, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Screensaver goes black while running

1. Screensaver goes black while running - Similar Threads - Screensaver goes black

2. Turn on PC and loads to screensaver, I click and goes black then it goes to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on PC and loads to screensaver, I click and goes black then it goes to sleep mode.: My PC was working fine all day, then I left it for a bit and it fell asleep. Once I got back I went to log in and tapped a key to type in my 4-digit code, but the screen kind of glitched and went black. Then after a few seconds, it says it's going into sleep mode. I've tried...
  3. Turn on PC and loads to screensaver, I click and goes black then it goes to sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on PC and loads to screensaver, I click and goes black then it goes to sleep mode.: My PC was working fine all day, then I left it for a bit and it fell asleep. Once I got back I went to log in and tapped a key to type in my 4-digit code, but the screen kind of glitched and went black. Then after a few seconds, it says it's going into sleep mode. I've tried...
  4. Screen goes black but still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black but still running: So I made a mistake. I wanted to delete the key licenses to my Adobe account because my new apps kept signing in automatically to the old key license, which I have stopped paying the bills for. I mistakenly deleted the CLSID folder, instead of supposedly just certain files...
  5. Screen goes black but still running

Screen goes black but still running: So I made a mistake. I wanted to delete the key licenses to my Adobe account because my new apps kept signing in automatically to the old key license, which I have stopped paying the bills for. I mistakenly deleted the CLSID folder, instead of supposedly just certain files...
  6. While Running the PC goes black and all the fan start spinning at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While Running the PC goes black and all the fan start spinning at 100%: Hi,While running the PC doing games, browsing or anything PC goes into black screen and all the cabinet fan starts spinning at 100%, I have to hold and press power button to shut downAfter check the reliability of the system got following errorDescriptionA problem with your...
  7. While Running the PC goes black and all the fan start spinning at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Running the PC goes black and all the fan start spinning at 100%: Hi,While running the PC doing games, browsing or anything PC goes into black screen and all the cabinet fan starts spinning at 100%, I have to hold and press power button to shut downAfter check the reliability of the system got following errorDescriptionA problem with your...
  8. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  9. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  10. Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver not working while certain apps are running: My screensaver isn’t automatically turning on while apps like games are running passively. Is there any way to change this? submitted by /u/migel210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggqwtj/screensaver_not_working_while_certain_apps_are/