Windows 10: Screensaver options and settings disappeared

Discus and support Screensaver options and settings disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, I believe it was after MS last big update I tried to change a screensaver setting and discovered access to the settings is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldrock, Jun 25, 2017.

1. oldrock Win User

Screensaver options and settings disappeared

All of a sudden, I believe it was after MS last big update I tried to change a screensaver setting and discovered access to the settings is no longer there. Even if I search for screensaver in the main search window, it finds nothing.

My old settings still work but there are times I want to disable my screensaver for a specific task but now the option to do so has disappeared. I know the Windows screensavers were dated but at least they worked. Problem is they still work but I can't change or disable. This has happened on 2 different machines. Any help?

:)

oldrock, Jun 25, 2017

2. MIssing Screensaver options

My screensaver options have disappeared. In fact, I cant find a single bloody mention/reference to a screensaver. HELP PLEASE

Dr Jayne Gerrard, Jun 25, 2017
  3. badsister Win User
    Screensaver Option Missing

I had all my photos as a screensaver. I'm not sure when they disappeared but now I can't locate the option to even choose a screensaver. It's not under personalization.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

badsister, Jun 25, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 25, 2017
  5. oldrock Win User
    Thank you very much sir, that brought the window up for me!

oldrock, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screensaver options and settings disappeared - Similar Threads - Screensaver options settings

2. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  3. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  4. WiFi option disappeared from the settings overnight

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi option disappeared from the settings overnight: I switched on my laptop in the morning and I realized the WiFi is not connected, so I thought that maybe the WiFi disconnected itself. I went to the WiFi icon and it just says "Change settings, such as making a connection metered." and so I went to the settings, but I...
  5. Windows Screensaver - Option To 'Like' Picture.

Windows Screensaver - Option To 'Like' Picture.: I sometimes actually do 'like' the picture but getting to have the option to like or dislike is hit-and-miss as I don't actually know how to get the option up. Does anyone know how to get the options to pop up please?...
  6. Why have screensaver option -I

Why have screensaver option -I: why does windows 10 have a screensaver option when screensavers are a dead thing. are there reputable sites on the net that have good screensavers to use like old days all i see is screensaver that motions back and forth. back in the day they were a thing and i still like to...
  7. Why have screensaver option -I

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have screensaver option -I: why does windows 10 have a screensaver option when screensavers are a dead thing. are there reputable sites on the net that have good screensavers to use like old days all i see is screensaver that motions back and forth. back in the day they were a thing and i still like to...
  8. Screensaver settings

Screensaver settings: Hi I have one small problem when using the screensaver settings on windows 10 pc. I went to choose "photos" in the drop down menu to display it as my screensaver. Then when I went to the right and clicked on the button that said "settings..." the screensaver settings window...
  9. Windows 10 screensaver settings

Windows 10 screensaver settings: How do I use Custom Reflection in 3D Text Screen Saver for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/windows-10-screensaver-settings/ba9c5a2f-3591-49d1-9adb-d43dbf8522ee
  10. Cortana and settings options disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and settings options disappeared: I recently noticed my task bar was emptier than before, and I realized cortana was missing. This led me to try and figure out why and I browsed many forums, and while looking at them I realized my settings in general were far more empty than everyone else's, many options just...