Windows 10: Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time

Discus and support Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, haven't figured out why, my screensaver stopped activating after the time set. I can click "Preview" and it works fine, but after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by llloyd4, Jul 2, 2018.

1. llloyd4 Win User

Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time

For some reason, haven't figured out why, my screensaver stopped activating after the time set. I can click "Preview" and it works fine, but after 10 minutes it isn't going off. I've restarted Firefox to be sure it didn't get a Youtube video stuck in it's craw, nope. Nor do I have any media players running. Let me see... I have Nexus Mod Manager, Event Viewer, 3 instances of Notepad, Task Manager, MSI Afterburner, Steam (on the My Games screen), Discord, Skype, Efficient Reminder, Telegram, File Explorer, and that's it along the task bar. No media players, just things I normally leave open. Anyone know what broke?

:)

llloyd4, Jul 2, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time :)

terrace, Jul 2, 2018
  3. Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time

Screensaver settings on Windows10

Hi Steven,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What screensaver setting was kept?
    • What screensaver did you keep?
    • Do you face this with a particular Screensaver?
    If you haven't tried with a different screensaver, check and let us know.

Ravinath P, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time

1. Screensaver suddenly not activating after set time - Similar Threads - Screensaver suddenly activating

2. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  3. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle: have tried online solutions and also contacted customer service but still cant solve this problem.the setting all changed to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-all-setting-is-off-but-still-goes-into/d744e647-f77c-4c92-948e-ecb61b2ad811
  4. screensaver all setting is off but still goes into screensaver after idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor changing input after screensaver activates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor changing input after screensaver activates: Just had this problem occur in the past few days. I have my screensaver set up to kick off after 5 minutes with the standard Mystify screensaver. It's always worked as usual. Lately, when the screensaver should start, my Samsung S27B550V monitor will auto change the input...
  6. Screensaver time out

Screensaver time out: My screen saver times out after one minute. If I change it in settings it reverts back straight away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver-time-out/aa785878-9c4e-40be-b6a9-c805fe7ef1c5
  7. Screensaver time not saving

Screensaver time not saving: I have a windows 10 computer and I have a problem with my screen saver. Whenever I try to change the time, it just goes back to the original time of one minute which is incredibly annoying. I tried turning the screensaver off but after a minute it just takes me to the lock...
  8. Set time and 3D text as screensaver at the same time

Set time and 3D text as screensaver at the same time: Tried googling this, but I'm curious if there is a way to use the custom text on the 3D Text Screen saver but still add the time to it. I tried "random %time%" (without the quotes) just for giggles, but it did not work unfortunately. ***Original title: 3d Text Screen Saver...
  9. Screensaver settings

Screensaver settings: Hi I have one small problem when using the screensaver settings on windows 10 pc. I went to choose "photos" in the drop down menu to display it as my screensaver. Then when I went to the right and clicked on the button that said "settings..." the screensaver settings window...
  10. Problems With Screensavers All Of A Sudden

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Screensavers All Of A Sudden: I have been playing screensavers of photos I've collected all over the internet for years with no problems. All of a sudden I am frequently getting a black screen with the statement an error is causing the screensaver from not playing. I can weed it out but with hundreds of...