Windows 10: Screenshot Index Counter Not Auto Reset ?

Discus and support Screenshot Index Counter Not Auto Reset ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I Take Screenshot by Press Windows+PrtScn it Automatically Saves those Pictures by Naming them “Screenshot (1).png” “Screenshot (2).png” But I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunzorla, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Gunzorla Win User

Screenshot Index Counter Not Auto Reset ?

When I Take Screenshot by Press Windows+PrtScn it Automatically Saves those Pictures by Naming them “Screenshot (1).png” “Screenshot (2).png” But I When Delete it, That Counter Still Keeps Going up (Screenshot (3).png) No Reset to 1 or 2 Again by Automatically ?

Manual Reset Index Counter is Only Way ?
    Screenshot Index Counter - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Gunzorla, Sep 6, 2016
  2. tobaunta Win User

6500 Slide Counter problem

Is there a way to turn off the picture counter auto reset?

Everytime I move the pictures to the computer the counter starts over from Pic000 is there anyway to turn this off? I want it to keep on counting so I dont get any "replace existing file" when I move the pictures to the computer.

tobaunta, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Can I change the way Windows 10 gives names to screenshot?

Hello Karla,

Thank you very much for your answer How to Reset Screenshot Index Number.

My question is about How to change a filename
    Screenshot using.

Thanks again.

Igor Ischuk, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Gunzorla, *Smile

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't auto reset. This is the main reason why I created the tutorial to help with this.

Brink, Sep 6, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User

Lightshot is excellent, small 3rd party tool that will reset counter after you delete. Choice of png or jpg save, remembers last save location and many drawing tools w/o having to open a drop down menu. If you want to try, go here, read tutorial but very intuitive and easy to learn in few minutes - Lightshot — screenshot tool for Mac & Win

mrgeek, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Gunzorla Win User
    I Already Use it and Want to Give 5 Star Rate. That is Amazing 3rd Party for Take Any Screenshot *Smile

Thank for Recommend

Gunzorla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screenshot Index Counter Not Auto Reset ? - Similar Threads - Screenshot Index Counter

2. why screenshots auto deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why screenshots auto deleted: when i press win+prt sc, i can't find screenshotwhen i was watching screenshot file, the file stores screenshot and it suddenly disappearhow to fix thisi can't use win+shift+s too...
  3. why screenshots auto deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why screenshots auto deleted: when i press win+prt sc, i can't find screenshotwhen i was watching screenshot file, the file stores screenshot and it suddenly disappearhow to fix thisi can't use win+shift+s too...
  4. why screenshots auto deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto save screenshots to file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto save screenshots to file: When I take a screenshot, the screenshot is saved in clipboard when the option, 'Auto copy to clipboard' is turned on. However, if I want to save the image, I should save it manually every time I take screenshots. Plus, if I took the screenshot with the shortkey,...
  6. Auto save screenshots to file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto save screenshots to file: When I take a screenshot, the screenshot is saved in clipboard when the option, 'Auto copy to clipboard' is turned on. However, if I want to save the image, I should save it manually every time I take screenshots. Plus, if I took the screenshot with the shortkey,...
  7. Difference between Get-Counter -counter \objects\Processes and Get-Counter -Counter...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference between Get-Counter -counter \objects\Processes and Get-Counter -Counter...: Hi I notice I get two different output from running "Get-Counter -counter \objects\Processes" and "Get-Counter -Counter \System\Processes". "Get-Counter -Counter \System\Processes" seems to give the same output as when I am executing "Get-Processmeasure" Can anyone...
  8. How to reset the Screenshots counter on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset the Screenshots counter on Windows 10: Microsoft improved the screenshot taking functionality of Windows in Windows 10 significantly. The operating system comes with plenty of options to take screenshots, and one of the easiest options is to use the keys Windows+Print for that. A new screenshot is saved to the...
  9. Windows 10 laggy and auto screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 laggy and auto screenshot: Hello Guys i just install windows 10 and downloaded some programs and apps like steam and Vtc .. etc everything was fine but suddenly when i was playing i get like 3 seconds lag .. even when i open browser or anything i got these 3 sec lag that if i press any button it...
  10. Reset Screenshot Index Counter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Screenshot Index Counter in Windows 10: How to: Reset Screenshot Index Counter in Windows 10 How to Reset the Screenshot Index Counter in Windows 10 [img] Information Sometimes it's simpler to show someone what's on your screen than it is to explain it. Windows lets you take a picture of the screen so you...