Windows 10: Script i can send to others to run SFC /Scannow and save results

Discus and support Script i can send to others to run SFC /Scannow and save results in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I often have to walk people through this over the phone. You would think it isn't that hard but many people today have never even seen a CMD box. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by questorfla, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Script i can send to others to run SFC /Scannow and save results

I often have to walk people through this over the phone. You would think it isn't that hard but many people today have never even seen a CMD box. I would like to come up with a script that would:
    open a cmd window as admin
    run SFC /scannow
    and finally create the list of problems and repairs to send me. The below works for that.
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SendTechsfcdetails.txt

I could probably even automate the end using 'ipmnote' but if they can't handle emailing me the results...
    This is really for Users who can only run things by clicking an icon of which i have a few
    I have tried a few utilities that i have used before for running a batch as admin but they dont seem to work for sfc /scannow.
    Thanks

:)

questorfla, Mar 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 Desktop Icons NOT Opening

I have run sfc/scannow on my HP laptop running windows 10 and get the following message:

The term "sfc/scannow" is not recognised as the name of a 'cmdlet', function, script file or operable program.

Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At: line 1 char:1

+sfc/scannow

The scan doesn't commence. Can you please help?

Aspires Day Service, Mar 6, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Run sfc scannow to find reason why Audio Card and Camera give error message "Corrupted system Files, etc" scan stopped at 41% Win 10 upgraded

Hi,

System File Checker tool scans and repair missing or corrupted system files.

If the System File Checker stops working and giving you an error, try running the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) scan which is also helpful in resolving file corruption issues on Windows 10:

• Right-click on Start or Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials.
    • In Command Prompt window, enter or copy and paste this command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Wait for the process to be completed.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Mar 6, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Script i can send to others to run SFC /Scannow and save results

Hi, you could use Autohotkey to create a script including
    Run *RunAs cmd.exe /c sfc /scannow

Launching the ahk file gives a UAC prompt and the scan starts.

You can compile the ahk with 1 rt click to produce an exe file.

dalchina, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

Script i can send to others to run SFC /Scannow and save results

1. Script i can send to others to run SFC /Scannow and save results - Similar Threads - Script send others

2. sfc\scannow was just run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc\scannow was just run.: i ran sfc /scannow after it say windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online Repairs details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.logs. for example c:\windowns\logs\CBS.log for oflinerapirs details are...
  3. sfc\scannow was just run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc\scannow was just run.: i ran sfc /scannow after it say windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online Repairs details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.logs. for example c:\windowns\logs\CBS.log for oflinerapirs details are...
  4. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  5. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  6. Cannot run SFC/scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run SFC/scannow: Dear all, Tried all sorts of remedies for above problem, nothing seems to work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-sfcscannow/85432df1-6503-4753-bdd6-932c282071ca
  7. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Interpreting sfc /scannow results: My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  8. SFC /Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  9. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341
  10. SFC /SCANNOW results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /SCANNOW results: Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts? sfcdetails.txt 5130