Windows 10: Script issues in all browsers

Discus and support Script issues in all browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since I installed Win10x64, none of my browsers work properly. I use either Google Chrome or Firefox. I keep them updated and don't want to use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by andythebeagle, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Script issues in all browsers

Ever since I installed Win10x64, none of my browsers work properly. I use either Google Chrome or Firefox. I keep them updated and don't want to use anything provided by MS. I have been having problems with them both hanging up, with indications of scripts not completing. I've been chasing this for a few months and have tried both browsers w/o any extensions running. I've reset or re-installed both browsers several times. I've gone so far as to use Revo uninstaller on both to make sure I have a clean slate, with no luck. Even when carefully adding back one extension at a time, it will hang up unexpectedly with no indication of which extension, if any, is causing the problem. Tonight, Gmail won't run on chrome. It will just hang with no way to get past it. I'm beginning to think it's not a browser problem, but a Windows problem. Has anyone else seen this kind of problem, and if so, what was the cause. Some sites that are the biggest problems are YouTube and Dailymotion. Chrome gives me the "aw snap" page and Firefox just frosts over, not responding. Support for both sites tell me it's my problem.

:)

andythebeagle, Aug 18, 2016
  2. Dannoh50 Win User

Stop running this script? message for all browsers also causing computer problems

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your reply! I am currently on Step 2 and it looks like there are no issues in Clean Boot. I will be proceeding on soon following your instructions!

I realized before doing any troubleshooting that this problem is definitely not a browser issue since the message came up while no browsers were running.

Again, appreciate your answer and I will update soon on the progress!

Thanks,

Diana

Dannoh50, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Dannoh50 Win User
    Stop running this script? message for all browsers also causing computer problems

Hi all,

So recently I kept on receiving this message:

Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. if it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

I usually use Chrome so I first tried to troubleshoot it within the Chrome community but didn't find a solution. So I started using Microsoft Edge as my browser. But then the same message comes up again!

It's becoming a big problem now since after this message started popping up, my pointer/cursor is going haywire as well. It flashes and shows the loading symbol a lot, sometimes so quickly that I cannot type anything since the pointer would just deselect
    after I click the screen to type. I can only restart the computer when that happens.

I've already contacted Answer Desk for this, and they fiddled around with my pointer drivers and uninstalled/updated/installed many times. Twice they spent a long time remote controlling the computer but the issue is still there. I simply do not have time
    to keep contacting them and stay online with them for hours.

I mainly use my computer for work. That's why the typing issue is such a huge problem.

If someone could please help me out, that'd be great!

Dannoh50, Aug 18, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Script issues in all browsers

Have you tried any other browsers? You don't have to use them but for testing purpose, tell us what happens with Edge or IE11, do these work? You can also try Yandex which I found a very reliable: Download Yandex.Browser

brummyfan, Aug 18, 2016
  5. It is unlikely Windows issue, more likely antivirus blocking or other security software, DNS or adblocker comes to mind.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Script issues in all browsers

1. Script issues in all browsers - Similar Threads - Script issues browsers

2. Script issue with SFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script issue with SFC: Hello!I am working on getting some scripts working to do a lot of remote troubleshooting done for me and I am running into an error when trying to run the command in powershell: cmd /c 'sfc /scannow > out' get-content out -Encoding Unicode where { $_ } # singlespaceThe idea...
  3. Javascript Issues with all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Javascript Issues with all browsers: Good day,I have an ongoing issue with my browserschrome & Edge when I view all webpages. Sometimes parts of the website do not load, CSS problems, but it seems mainly linked to Javascript errors in my browsers. I have the most noticeable issue with youtube. Every video cannot...
  4. Javascript Issues with all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript Issues with all browsers: Good day,I have an ongoing issue with my browserschrome & Edge when I view all webpages. Sometimes parts of the website do not load, CSS problems, but it seems mainly linked to Javascript errors in my browsers. I have the most noticeable issue with youtube. Every video cannot...
  5. Issues with all browsers not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with all browsers not responding: So I am a ZoomText user and have a Dell laptop my employer provided me. All my browsers experience slowness and eventually I get an hourglass cursor and my browser dithers and I get "not responding" for a few seconds and it goes back to normal. but the slowness is incredibly...
  6. Issues with all browsers not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with all browsers not responding: So I am a ZoomText user and have a Dell laptop my employer provided me. All my browsers experience slowness and eventually I get an hourglass cursor and my browser dithers and I get "not responding" for a few seconds and it goes back to normal. but the slowness is incredibly...
  7. Issues with all browsers not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Issue Downloading Images (across all browsers)!

in Browsers and Email
    Issue Downloading Images (across all browsers)!: About a week ago, I noticed that whenever I downloaded an image file, the download would freeze at 100%, and take about a minute to convert the .crdownload to the actual downloaded file. At first I thought this was an issue with Chrome, but tried Microsoft Edge as well, and...
  9. Issue with google across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with google across all browsers: Posting here because I feel this is a different issue from Google. When I try to access my Gmail by clicking on either the MENU icon or my Avatar Picture Icon, nothing happens, they are now unresponsive, across ALL browsers I use MSedge, Chrome and Firefox I have:...
  10. Long running script in all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long running script in all browsers: 3 month ago buy new HP laptop with windows 10. When i trying to open an article or add media to site i get Long running script message, Chrome, FF, Edge... try 3 different wi fi networks... Any ideas? Problem appear on random websites......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all browsers script problems