Windows 10: Script to change display refresh rate

Discus and support Script to change display refresh rate in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there, I'd like to know if someone knows a script or tool that I can use to automatically change the refresh rate in windows display settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CntrlAltDel, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Script to change display refresh rate

Hi there,

I'd like to know if someone knows a script or tool that I can use to automatically change the refresh rate in windows display settings to 75Hz when a specific program launches and then when that program closes it reverts to 60Hz

Kind regards

:)

CntrlAltDel, Mar 7, 2018
  2. Jeager41 Win User

Windows 10 Creator's Update Resolution and Refresh Rate Problem [ With Video }

Before updating to Windows 10 Creator's update there was no problem it was working fine.

After Creator's update when I change my refresh rate to 75Hz I have to go Display Settings → Display Adapter Properties → Monitor and I have to change the refresh rate there also.

But when I change to refresh rate to 75Hz on Monitor menu, resolution converts to 640x480 automatically and if I change to resolution to 1920x1080 again the refresh rate becomes 60Hz again.

There was no problem before I updated Windows 10 to Creator's update and now this is happening. Please help thank you!

Youtube link:

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jeager41, Mar 7, 2018
  3. fSHUN Win User
    Main display limits refresh rate?

Hi, I have the same problem.

It seems that the refresh rate of secondary display is restricted to that of main display. To illustrate a little bit more in detail, the movement of mouse cursor is displayed in high refresh rate, but the content in windows is displayed in low refresh rate.
    So it seems not to be the problem occurring from PC itself, but rather from the Windows' graphic architecture.

(And as Vegedus mentioned, when the display with higher refresh rate is set to main display than the problem will not occur.)

Since I want to set the display with lower refresh rate as main display (it's laptop's built-in), I want this issue fixed.

fSHUN, Mar 7, 2018
  4. RickC Win User

Script to change display refresh rate

Have a look at NirCMD's setdisplay command. I haven't used setdisplay but it has a refresh rate optional parameter that looks like it will do what you want.

One of the examples shows: setdisplay 1024 768 24 90
    i.e. 1024 x 768 24-bit colour 90Hz refresh rate

As for scripting, NirCMD commands can be called from a .BAT file or wrapped in AutoHotkey/AutoIt.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 7, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    As @RickC says, Autohotkey lends itself to this- you could simply have a loop running and test for the presence or absence of the process, and launch nircmd accordingly. More simply you could launch the program and nircmd in the script, then have a loop test for the closure of the program and then launch nircmd to change the resolution back.

If unfamiliar with Autohotkey it has an extensive help file and a good support forum.

It's easy to write 1,2 or 3 line scripts to test elements of what you need.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Script to change display refresh rate

1. Script to change display refresh rate - Similar Threads - Script change display

2. Display Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Refresh Rate: My laptop screen was said to go up to 165 hz. However, I am unable to change it in the Windows settings. It is only able to go to 60 and 40 hz. My laptop has a AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics and a discrete Nvidia RTX 3050 ti laptop gpu. When going into the Nvidia...
  3. Display Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Refresh Rate: My laptop screen was said to go up to 165 hz. However, I am unable to change it in the Windows settings. It is only able to go to 60 and 40 hz. My laptop has a AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics and a discrete Nvidia RTX 3050 ti laptop gpu. When going into the Nvidia...
  4. Display Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Refresh Rates Do Not Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh Rates Do Not Display: I am currently on Windows 10 system, and I am trying to lower my screen refresh rate to a lower number to run an older system that does not support above 60Hz. I understand perfectly fine how to change it; go to Display settings, Advanced Display Settings, and scroll down to...
  6. Refresh Rates Do Not Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh Rates Do Not Display: I am currently on Windows 10 system, and I am trying to lower my screen refresh rate to a lower number to run an older system that does not support above 60Hz. I understand perfectly fine how to change it; go to Display settings, Advanced Display Settings, and scroll down to...
  7. Refresh Rates Do Not Display

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Display refresh rate not changing

Display refresh rate not changing: Hello, I am using the latest Windows 10 Home Single Language build for my ASUS TUF FX505DT ver: 20H2, build: 19042.906. My display is capable of upto 1920*1080 @120 Hz, and the default refresh rate options are 48 Hz and 120 Hz. I always switch to the choppy 48 Hz on battery...
  9. Display Refresh Rate help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Refresh Rate help: Help my laptop with UHD 620 graphics doesn't display options of above 60hz in display properties, with a 75hz monitor. The monitor hits 75hz with another laptop with HD 620 graphics. Please help submitted by /u/BlockCraftedX [link] [comments]...
  10. refresh rate on screen display

refresh rate on screen display: how do I to turn off on-screen intel refresh rate number at top left of screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-rate-on-screen-display/7d038e48-7150-44fa-acb4-f9e4216ec5e8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I set a .bat file to run at a certain refresh rate?

2. change refresh rate in script