Windows 10: Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Discus and support Script to create a local account with administrator privileges in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by questorfla, May 13, 2016.

1. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order.

The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup' account to be used if they forget their password or any number of other problems that can prevent them from logging into their system; with their normal Microsoft Account.
    Rather than walk them through each step over the phone, I could email them a script to be run before the problems happen It would create a local admin account with a specific password that could be used in emergencies.

This is for employees who have company systems but are seldom at the office and I would want to preload the name and password so they would not accidentally connect with it but it would be there and ready to use if they call for help.
    Can this still be done in Windows 10 if all the steps are in the right place?

:)

questorfla, May 13, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Cannot Create Additional Account

Keith

Your original query said that you created "a local standard account and an administrator account". Use the Administrator account to give the standard account administrator privileges. Then use that account to create additional accounts. It can then be changed
    back to a standard account.

If you only have the single Administrator account then I would suggest that you do a clean install. During the install process you will be able to create the primary account which will have administrator privileges and can be used to create other accounts.

Chris.E.Chambers, May 13, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

5. *Smile Thanks! I see where i was losing my way now. Trying TOO hard.
    I was trying to get it all to run in one line and it kept failing. Two lines, no problems.

questorfla, May 13, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Exactly. The account needs to be created first (line 1) before it can be added to Administrators group (line 2).

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

1. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Script create local

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  5. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  6. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...
  7. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...
  8. Administrative account with no administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative account with no administrative privileges: Lead up I have been working on an issue where a user cannot open attachments from Outlook in Word. This problem is caused by Word not being able to access the Fonts folder, I need to change the privileges, no clue how it keeps getting changed. Problem I cannot change the...
  9. create script to open a command line window with administrative privileges

create script to open a command line window with administrative privileges: for example: create a text file that invokes cmd with an option, word or letter, that gives this instance admin privileges and leaves the window open save the text file create a shortcut to the text file put that shortcut on the desktop I am: *** Email address is...
  10. Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO: I'm trying to run a script using the GPO Startup option (on the PCs OU) which, as we know, uses the same privileges of a local system account. The batch file updates (imports settings through a separate file) a program already present on the PC client (win 10). After applied...