Windows 10: Scripting for taking local data backup over the home network

Discus and support Scripting for taking local data backup over the home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I setup a local backup method over my local network using a DIY video tutorial. The video says that the new backups will replace the old backups.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cmd, Dec 5, 2016.

1. CMD
    cmd Win User

Scripting for taking local data backup over the home network

Hi, I setup a local backup method over my local network using a DIY video tutorial. The video says that the new backups will replace the old backups. The backbone of this method is a script which is scheduled by the task scheduler. I am now trying to replace the script so that the backups are created with a new name each time when the backups occur. Is it possible to configure it in this manner?*Think
    regards

:)

2. pash01 Win User

Acxcu weather Help Please X6

Hi I have the Nokia X6 and i use to be able to access the weather through the Accuweather app on my phone but now i keep on getting the error message:

"Script alert

There was an error getting the data. make sure your network connection is Enabled and tap Options > refreah data to try again."

The phone iS connected to the home BB wireless newtork as i can access over web sites but i keep on getting this error on the Accuweather app.

I have done a recent update for the phone if this helps

Thanks

pash01, Dec 5, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    can't get data in Greece.

It is quite possible that your home network may have roaming agreements only for voice and not for data with certain foreign networks. It has definitely happened to me and I had to choose manually a different local network in order to get data service.

93tid, Dec 5, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

I would ask the creator of the Script/Video

sml156, Dec 5, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

In Linux there's a whole slew of ways of doing this -- if you can start running backups from a Linux based server / NAS.

This is basically a link to the sort of things you can do. Ensure SAMBA is running on the NAS / server so it can access the Windows directories you want to back up too.

Rotating Backup with rsync Linux Magazine

Running from Windows to backup whole HDD's probably need you to execute something like macrium at pre-determined times. Macrium can dynamically generate file names for the backups each time it runs but I'm not sure if it can change directory names for the target backups without some sort of manual input.

I'd really look at the Linux solution for this if your server is a Linux / NAS type one --so much easier and flexible.

I tend only to use things like macrium on Windows if I want a stand alone backup from a single machine such as a Laptop when it's not connected to my server.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 5, 2016
  6. CMD
    cmd Win User
    This one is for windows platform, I am not a wizard in linux platform.

7. CMD
    cmd Win User
  8. sml156 Win User

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Scripting for taking local data backup over the home network - Similar Threads - Scripting taking local

2. File Sharing Over a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  3. backup network and data

backup network and data: we created network in uefi windows and get defi for network but after 4 5 days all of data changed and network is going.how we can back data and conifirm our network after all of data is gone?...
  4. Home Network - Starting Over...

Home Network - Starting Over...: I've never gotten my Win10-based home network to operate 100%. Sometimes it works for some computers, other times it just doesn't. I am starting over and want to make sure I get a clean start and possibly get this right! What I have now is an old desktop as my home Hub -...
  5. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  6. Syncing files over home network.

Syncing files over home network.: Yesterday I added a second computer to my home network. The old computer is Windows 7, the new Windows 10. I've successfully copied My Documents to the new computer. Both have MS Office, 2007 on the old and 2019 on the new. What I'd like is for new saves with changes I make...
  7. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  8. Data Sharing on a local network

Data Sharing on a local network: Good Morning, I decided to register an account here, as i think this forum is interesting because i had an opportunity to search some tutorials and see some threads in the forum, so i'm new here. I also decided to create this post, since i have a problem i can't seem to...
  9. Foolproof Image Backup script for naive Home users

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Foolproof Image Backup script for naive Home users: Can anyone offer a script running 'WBADMIN -allcritical –systemstate', wrapped with a method of checking for success, and in particular coping with a mid-process user system shutdown? Let me explain this... Background In return for a donation to a local charity, I...
  10. Windows Backup over Network

Windows Backup over Network: Hi there... I would need a help How to restore windows 10 system image(already taken) over a network to other computer or computers. Kindly Guide 91825

Users found this page by searching for:

1. script of backup over network