Windows 10: Scroll wheel changes sites in Edge

Discus and support Scroll wheel changes sites in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have recently noticed that when in Edge browser, if I roll the wheel on my mouse, it jumps to previously viewed pages. The only way to stop this is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RichardC, Jul 28, 2018.

1. RichardC Win User

Scroll wheel changes sites in Edge

I have recently noticed that when in Edge browser, if I roll the wheel on my mouse, it jumps to previously viewed pages. The only way to stop this is to left click on the page, then I can use the wheel to scroll down the page I'm viewing. Is there a setting somewhere to stop the page "hopping"? Thanks in advance.

:)

RichardC, Jul 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel changes windows in some web sites

Ever since Windows 10, I've notice that on some web pages, a scroll of the mouse's scroll wheel will scroll through recent web pages rather that scrolling up and down within the page I'm looking at. I cannot find an option to stop this either in Windows
    settings or in the settings for Edge or any other browsers. Is there a way to stop this? I DON'T WANT THE SCROLL WHEEL TO SWITCH WEB PAGES!

Moved from:
    Windows
    /
    Windows 10
    /
    Windows settings

ProfessorDJF, Jul 28, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Scroll wheel changes sites in Edge - Similar Threads - Scroll wheel changes

2. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  3. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  4. Deactivate Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deactivate Scroll Wheel: Hello,I have an very old server running on VNC. The server predates mouse wheels and crashes completely if someone attempts to scroll. Multiple people use the server and every other month I need to restart it. due the issue. Which takes a while and stops a couple of processes...
  5. Chrome 91: No wheel scrolling on some sites

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome 91: No wheel scrolling on some sites: Windows 10 20H2.Just started using Chrome 91 about a week ago. All was going fine, but now I'm noticing that my Logitech MX Master 3's scroll wheel is not scrolling on some sites while it scrolls on others. Doubt if anything wrong with the mouse as until these events, it was...
  6. Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?

Mouse Scroll Wheel Only Changing Volume?: My scroll mouse isn't working properly. The scroll button only changes the volume on my laptop. I want the scroll wheel to work as intended. I work on long word documents and not having the scroll wheel is impacting my productivity. I am currently using the Logitech MX Master...
  7. Temporary scroll wheel speed changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary scroll wheel speed changes: I've noticed this issue across several device/mouse combinations. Basically, the scroll wheel will move, say, 3 lines regularly. Then for about 10 seconds, it will scroll WAY more than that, then drop back to the default settings. The searching I have done only returns...
  8. change scroll wheel settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change scroll wheel settings?: is there any way to change the direction of the mouse scroll wheel, as I recently changed from mac to windows and I prefer the mac scroll direction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scroll-wheel-settings/8a2cf639-e568-4482-a2fa-9bb83c58abb7
  9. Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scroll Wheel: Hey, guys, I have an issue with scroll wheels. It's virtually our entire company. When myself and they scroll using the scroll wheel, the page that is being scrolled bounces some what. You'll go down, down, bounce up, down, bounce up a bit. Its not a smooth scrolling action....
  10. My scroll wheel changes volume

My scroll wheel changes volume: So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as well. I tried unplugging then plugging it back in but that didn't work either. Can someone help me? IS there a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how stop scroll wheel from changing tab in ms edge browser