Windows 10: Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work

Discus and support Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I have installed the Win 10 enterprise LTSB the trial version. So far, so good, with the exception of two details: - The scrolling of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sashh, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Sashh Win User

Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work

Hello! I have installed the Win 10 enterprise LTSB the trial version. So far, so good, with the exception of two details:

- The scrolling of inactive windows isn't working properly. I mean, it works only when the "Settings" window is the active, then I can scroll the inactive windows underneath it, but nothing else.

- I tried to update the system, hoping that it would fix the issue, but it doesn't download anything.

Maybe the update function is disabled in the trial version?

EDIT:

I updated it, but that still didn't fix the problem.

:)

Sashh, Oct 21, 2015

2. Mouse scroll inactive windows doesn't work

Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Oct 21, 2015
  3. RubyJJL Win User
    Mouse scroll inactive windows doesn't work

It's MS professional 2010. I cannot upgrade it to 2016 version due to my organization's policy.

I have tried online repair according to the links you mentioned, but it doesn't help.

RubyJJL, Oct 21, 2015
  4. Sashh Win User

One more edit;

Maybe it has something to do with synaptic touchpad driver? I couldn't find anything related to it. I tried it on my desktop, it works with the mouse, but here on my laptop it doesn't.

Sashh, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Scrolling inactive windows doesn't work - Similar Threads - Scrolling inactive doesn't

2. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have to select a window to activate it, and then only could you scroll through the content. However, with this feature enabled,...
  3. scroll inactive windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll inactive windows: This setting is making windows very difficult to use. Even when off in the settings it stays on and make it difficult to move through my open tabs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-inactive-windows/a82d0105-ce2b-4e3f-acba-deba93a6499a
  4. Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?

Bug - Windows scroll inactive windows?: TLDR - scrolling inactive windows seems to work at the application level, not the window level, as it should. Bug? Or some other way to get proper behavior? ----- Hi, Been googling around a good bit, but unfortunately, can't seem to find an answer to my issue....
  5. How to scroll on the inactive window without selecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to scroll on the inactive window without selecting it?: On a dual window setup, I have to select the app in order to scroll the contents of the window and I gotta select the window of another app again to scroll. Is there a third party tool that can enable me to scroll on the inactive window just by hovering the mouse over it?...
  6. Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it: I just bought a new mouse, and this function in the Windows 10 setting is still not working, I tried my old mouse again to be sure and the same thing happens. Settings>Mouse> Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them > On I have two Excel books open, one on each of...
  7. Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling doesn't work on Start Menu: It happened when I got the April update last year and since then I didn't search for a solution. But here's the issue scrolling works perfectly everywhere on my system except when I open the Start Menu scrolling doesn't work on it and I have to use the scroll bar on the side...
  8. scrolling down doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scrolling down doesn't work: Hi you all, I have a serious annoying problem with my Microsoft Mouse (Mouse Windows Confort4500). My O.S. is Windows 10. It always worked good, but now it opposes resistance on scrolling down, while there are no problem on scrolling up (not the wheel itself, but the...
  9. Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad: When my start screen isn’t open or a USB mouse isn’t plugged in, I cannot use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad. In the mouse setting I found that inactive windows option is on. I tried to update drivers with no avail. It is HPX360 laptop, a newly bought machine...
  10. Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work

Inactive Windows scrolling on Touchpad doesn't work: I recently bought the HPX360. I noticed that I can't use the inactive windows scrolling on the touchpad unless my start screen is open or if I plug in a USB mouse. I checked the mouse settings and the inactive windows option is on. I have tried to reinstall and update drivers...