Windows 10: Scrolling issue in Edge

Discus and support Scrolling issue in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sometimes when I am scrolling using scrollwheel in Edge, it dismisses page to left or right like swiping on a touchscreen. I just had to write this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cereberus, Nov 5, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Scrolling issue in Edge

Sometimes when I am scrolling using scrollwheel in Edge, it dismisses page to left or right like swiping on a touchscreen. I just had to write this post a second time as it juts did it!

:)

cereberus, Nov 5, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge Scrolling Issues

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to reset Internet explorer and check if this helps. Please follow the below steps

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Click on Advanced tab and click on
      Reset
      button.
    Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Also, I suggest you to reset Microsoft Edge and check.

• Navigate to the location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Delete everything in this folder.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Disclaimer: The Reset Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Edge Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Edge Settings feature. Resetting Edge isn't reversible, and all previous settings are deleted.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge Scrolling Issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is being outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you install the driver restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver and install the same.

https://www.asus.com/us/2-in-1-PCs/Q503/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 5, 2017
  4. MrHudson Win User

Scrolling issue in Edge

I have problem when scrolling is when I click on website, go back it wont scroll back up until I scroll back down.

MrHudson, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

Scrolling issue in Edge

1. Scrolling issue in Edge - Similar Threads - Scrolling issue Edge

2. strange scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange scrolling issue: I've got this weird scrolling issue where certain UI elements will scroll automatically and others won't. for example, webpages and general scrollbars won't scroll however the volume bar, sidebars when clicked on, windows start menu, and certain scrollable UI elements in apps...
  3. W11 Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Scrolling issue: I recently upgraded to windows 11, I've have no issues so far other than scrolling issues, sometimes whenever I try to scroll the web page or application refuses to scroll up or down and sometimes does but like every other scroll....
  4. Scrolling Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling Issues: My screen wants to scroll up and down when I don't want it to. And my browser keeps opening up more tabs every time I try to refresh my screen. Happens on both Chrome & Edge and just started today...
  5. Issues with scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with scrolling: So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows 10 from (i think) windows 7 and since then I’m unable to scroll using the little line going down the right side of the...
  6. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling issue: I cant scroll down with my touchpad double fingers, and i cant find the devices setting under the mouse properties, How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-issue/fc7065e4-d7d2-4307-8fab-de682c0d90ee
  7. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling issue: new pc windows 10 in S mode using explorernto open pages, if inscroll or page down, within seconds it returns to top of page, how do i stop this all the forums point to auto accent color off but i dont have that in my settings to disable...
  8. Random Scrolling Problem in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Random Scrolling Problem in Edge: This is an old problem and I haven't seen any recent posts about it. I get scrolling problems randomly in some sites. I suspect compatibility problems between Edge and the sites but I don't see any "compatibility" options like there are in Internet Explorer. The problem,...
  9. Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Surface Pro touch scrolling issue mostly in Edge: Got a new surface pro 2017 and love many things about it, but in Edge the touch scrolling goes from great to terrible. After a reboot it works great just like you would expect, but then after using it for a while it starts to get jumpy and the slightest touch makes it jump...
  10. Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

in Browsers and Email
    Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps: I'm encountering a number of random scrolling issues within Edge and other Universal/Modern/Store apps. When scrolling a web page, the page gets "stuck" and won't move within the browser window. Edge itself remains responsive - I can reload the page, or close its tab. And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge scroll issue