Windows 10: Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15

Discus and support Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Chrome for a number of years now, but on a whim I decided to load up Edge, and wow, what a difference as far as scrolling and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by buggaby, Oct 4, 2016.

1. buggaby Win User

Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15

I have been using Chrome for a number of years now, but on a whim I decided to load up Edge, and wow, what a difference as far as scrolling and swiping. I didn't even realize, but the scrolling on Chrome is quite labored in comparison. It's much slower, requires more movement at slow speeds, and is much less intuitive.

Also, the two-finger swipe to do browser back-forward works really well in Edge, and not at all in Chrome.

I notice the difference also in scrolling with the touchscreen, though it's far less significant.

I'm wondering if this is a Windows thing, a Dell drivers thing, or a Chrome/Edge thing. I don't want to move over to Edge, but I might if I can't bring them both more in line. Any ideas on the cause? I've started here assuming it's a Windows 10 thing (or even Edge, since it's baked in to the OS).

:)

buggaby, Oct 4, 2016

2. Why is scrolling speed/amount inconsistent across apps?

The inconsistent scrolling between apps is frustrating.

I concur that EDGE has the most responsive scrolling, while Chrome, and Word are relatively sluggish.

I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9550.

Microsoft, please transfer the scrolling experience from Edge to all other apps.

James3Shin, Oct 4, 2016
  3. Chessgoat Win User
    Screen issues on Dell XPS

I have my screen resolution set to 3840 X 2160, which is recommended.

I'm not sure how to check drivers of screen resolution. Do I go on dell.com or the website where I bought my laptop?

On a side note, I noticed that when I tried to use Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome to perform the same actions I mentioned, everything goes normally, meaning there are no random spots. Perhaps Dell XPS 15 laptops are supposed to work best with Microsoft
    Edge? Has anyone who used a Dell XPS 15 encounter the same problem when they try to use Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? I think it's still rather strange that when it comes to the actions I mentioned, Chrome has some weird issues. Maybe I have to uninstall
    and reinstall Chrome...

Chessgoat, Oct 4, 2016
Thema:

Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15

1. Scrolling on Chrome vs Edge using Dell XPS 15 - Similar Threads - Scrolling Chrome Edge

2. Chrome vs Edge....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome vs Edge....: I have Windows 10 & want to use Chrome, how do I uninstall Edge & keep from it loading my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-vs-edge/75cc0bf8-dd0a-4bd7-8837-419d407ba237
  3. Chrome vs Edge....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome vs Edge....: I have Windows 10 & want to use Chrome, how do I uninstall Edge & keep from it loading my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-vs-edge/75cc0bf8-dd0a-4bd7-8837-419d407ba237
  4. Chrome vs Edge....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. edge vs chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge vs chrome: I have used edge a few times and it is much faster than chrome. Why is this? Because Edge belongs to MS? I"m puzzled about this. I have cleared cache, history etc but my chrome is like a snail.I don't see why this would be other than that Edge would have no data in it to...
  6. edge vs chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge vs chrome: I have used edge a few times and it is much faster than chrome. Why is this? Because Edge belongs to MS? I"m puzzled about this. I have cleared cache, history etc but my chrome is like a snail.I don't see why this would be other than that Edge would have no data in it to...
  7. edge vs chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  9. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  10. Edge vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Edge vs Chrome: I've been using Google Chrome for a long time.... When I first got on windows 10, Edge seemed not so great and I like Internet Explorer better but I knew it wasn't going to be maintained much longer as Edge is now the official windows browser...Although it still seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome and xps 15

2. how to install chrome on dell xps 15