Windows 10: Scrub my harddrive and reload Windows 10 from scratch. TOO many quirks that I have done or...

Discus and support Scrub my harddrive and reload Windows 10 from scratch. TOO many quirks that I have done or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have done everything folks. I do not care about the files at this point. I believe the mistake I made was entering myself in each time as a user on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TamiCampbell1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Scrub my harddrive and reload Windows 10 from scratch. TOO many quirks that I have done or...

I have done everything folks. I do not care about the files at this point. I believe the mistake I made was entering myself in each time as a user on four different computers instead of just signing in as the original Administrator from the first one. I did not understand the concept. Now I have too many PINs, Passwords, users attached to comingling accounts who are all fighting for rights as the user. SO......I would like to format C: and reload Windows 10 on the main computer and just remove or delete the other users on other computers.

I am open to any and all suggestions and I would like to say that I do not have my Windows disk or software to allow me to reload it. I do have the product key that is listed in the computer though (thinking I could download it to a thumb drive fresh) with the thoughts of me just wiping everything.

And just to let you know, Windows 10, Home. I have already recovered, removed, restored fallen back to a previous copy, tried quick fixes of registry, you name it and that's about it. My family would like to have the wife and mother back in their lives.

Thank you.

:)

TamiCampbell1, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 8, 2018
  4. infocus Win User

Scrub my harddrive and reload Windows 10 from scratch. TOO many quirks that I have done or...

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Scrub my harddrive and reload Windows 10 from scratch. TOO many quirks that I have done or...

1. Scrub my harddrive and reload Windows 10 from scratch. TOO many quirks that I have done or... - Similar Threads - Scrub harddrive reload

2. I think I have too many users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I have too many users.: I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This...
  3. I think I have too many users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I have too many users.: I just looked at my Users file image below and I think there's something wrong here. In the past, I only had three users: croge me, Default and Public. As you can see, I have more than three users--quite a few more. It looks like a new one is generated with each session. This...
  4. I think I have too many users.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Various quirks of Windows 10 I have no solution for

in Windows 10 Customization
    Various quirks of Windows 10 I have no solution for: Hello. I'm having some trouble with the user experience on this laptop. I'm wondering what I should be doing on my end in order to prevent these frustrations from occurring, and whether they are Windows 10 issues or problems with my laptop specifically. Model is Asus ROG Flow...
  6. I have too many keyboards. Help!

I have too many keyboards. Help!: As you can see there are tons of Unknown Locale keyboards and so on.It makes switching to the keyboards I want into a huge pain.I believe this started happening when there was a bug that made it hard to select my region, so several regions were selected one after the other in...
  7. How many are too many fonts in Windows 10

How many are too many fonts in Windows 10: So right not I don't have any problems with my 1700 fonts. But I feel like it could be affecting my Adobe illustrator. I was wondering how many my computer can handle. I have a Dell Precision 5820 with 2 hard drives 250GB and 1 TB with 32 RAM with a graphic Driver NVIDIA...
  8. Do I have too many Icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I have too many Icons on my desktop?: I have been having problems with my Desktop recently, I often cannot open folders or launch apps from it and the busy spinning circle keeps running. I normally do not often launch files either from Start or the Taskbar but have now seen that apps will launch OK from both,...
  9. windows 10 reinstall from scratch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 reinstall from scratch: I need to reinstall windows 10 from scratch. My current windows 10 was upgraded from the original windows 7 that the laptop came with. Would I need a digital key to be able to reinstall?...
  10. Have too many sub folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have too many sub folders: Windows 10 PC I find the filing system extremely unfriendly. I have too many subfolders, Google search basically tells me "tough luck Should have not made so many folders. IE if you have made too many subfolders you are stuck with them. Example: my music folders had folder...