Windows 10: SD card not being recognized on Windows 10

Discus and support SD card not being recognized on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; SD card not being recognized on Windows 10. I have tried 2 SD cards and a card reader in case the card reader was broken that is built into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hollyoaks777, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SD card not being recognized on Windows 10

SD card not being recognized on Windows 10. I have tried 2 SD cards and a card reader in case the card reader was broken that is built into the machine. I looked in device manager and nothing untoward. Any ideas what's wrong?
    Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Feb 21, 2018
  2. BriBecher Win User

Mini SD card not being recognized on computer using Windows 10 and SD card adapter

So I have a mini SD card that I have inserted into the SD card slot on my HP Envy that runs using Windows 10. It won't show up anywhere and the mini SD card won't show up in any phones either. I have tried checking the SD card driver and it is updated
    and also enabled. What else can I do??

BriBecher, Feb 21, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Mini SD card not being recognized on computer using Windows 10 and SD card adapter

Hi,

It is possible that the SD card is already corrupted. To properly troubleshoot this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Have you tried using other USB ports of the PC?
    • Have you tried reformatting the SD card?
    • Have you tried inserting the SD card to other computers?
    • Have you tried inserting other SD card to your computer?

In addition, if you think there is an issue with the USB ports of your computer, you can refer to the article below to troubleshoot the issue:

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

If the SD card is unable to be detected by any devices even after reformatting it, the SD card could already be corrupted.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Feb 21, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

SD card not being recognized on Windows 10

Does it show in disk manager and is it formatted?

Samuria, Feb 21, 2018
  5. Nothing at all shows up. When I inserted it to the computer it said PCI is being installed or something like that. It then sais it was ready to use. But when I look in my computer there's nothing there apart from what is always there.

6. Samuria Win User
    Have you formatted it if so with what?

Samuria, Feb 21, 2018
  7. I've done absolutely nothing to the card reader on the computer/internal or external card reader and nothing to the sd cards.

8. Samuria Win User

Can you try in another pc or camera to see if its windows or card problem

Samuria, Feb 21, 2018
  9. The card from the camera works in the computer. So it's the micro sd cards it's not reading. As the camera is a sd card. Not micro.

hollyoaks777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SD card not being recognized on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - card being recognized

2. Windows not recognizing SD Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing SD Card: When I insert my SD Card into my laptop it doesn't come up on Windows Explorer. It appears on Disk Manager, but won't let me assign a letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-recognizing-sd-card/848b1f89-1f99-4806-9727-16a57fadc454
  3. Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader

Troubleshooting Failure to Read SD Card/Recognize SD Card Reader: Very frustrating trying to figure out the problem. Installed 32GB Class 10 SD Card https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J1G261N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in Game Camera, formatted per instructions and set the unit outside. Just retrieved it, and tried...
  4. SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD cards are not being recognized when plugged in to the SD card slot: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop? ***Original title: SD Card not recognised.***...
  5. Micro sd card not being recognized.

Micro sd card not being recognized.: Today, I realized that a microsd card that I've had since 2008, isn't being read anymore. My phone doesn't recognize it. My Windows 10 computer doesn't recognize it when I put it in a USB reader. I verified the USB reader works by trying different microsd and full sized SD...
  6. Micro sd card not being recognized.

in Windows 10 Support
    Micro sd card not being recognized.: Today, I realized that a microsd card that I've had since 2008, isn't being read anymore. My phone doesn't recognize it. My Windows 10 computer doesn't recognize it when I put it in a USB reader. I verified the USB reader works by trying different microsd and full sized SD...
  7. sd card not being found

sd card not being found: When i removed my micro sd card to a other pc then back the micro sd card is not being found at all and the device manager cant find the sd card reader add it wont add it is there a other way...
  8. sd card reader not recognized

sd card reader not recognized: sd card reader not recognized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader-not-recognized/10de784a-abbe-49b2-a77d-22385c823869"
  9. SD cards not recognized

SD cards not recognized: I have multiple computers that stopped showing SD cards. The file explorer doesn't see the cards and they will not auto open. Tried several cards, one computer says to insert a card, but when I do it doesn't see it. Cards are various sized Scan Disks and until today worked...
  10. recognize sd card?

in Windows 10 Customization
    recognize sd card?: Why won't my new HP computer with windows 10 recognize my sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recognize-sd-card/ef515805-90db-433c-bfe0-66bc3facf4b7